Re: [magnifiers] Complaints about AiSquared upgrade policy

  • BruceHP@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 6, 2007
      This information is incorrect. Ai Squared is offering free upgrades to
      version 9.1 of ZoomText to all users who purchased version 9.0 on or
      after February 20th. This is a quite liberal upgrade policy given that
      the domestic ship date of ZoomText 9.1 was May 7th and the international
      ship date was May 21st.

      In the future, I would be happy to clear up any questions you might have
      before posting to this list.
      Sincerely,
      Doug Hacker
      Director of Operations
      Ai Squared

      It seems to me that ZT9.1 is really just a modification to allow it to be used with Vista, and therefore needn't? be a? paid upgrade at all.

      ---========================
      Keep Shooting!
      BruceHP@...
      ==========================

      ________________________________

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 7, 2007
          Hi thomas,

          If you didn't purchase ZoomText after 19 February 2007, don't upgrade to
          version 9.1.
          If you purchase Zoomtext after 19 february 2007 you can get a free
          upgrade.

          If you have a good working computer, do not upgrade to Windows Vista at
          all!
          If you buy a new computer, ask for Windows XP installed, instead of
          Windows Vista.

          Because most people prefer Windows XP, Microsoft do now allow computers
          to be sold with Windows XP in 2008.

          Regards Peter Verhoeven

          > I probably wont upgrade to vista for a long time, would it be
          > better if i waited untill version 10 of zoomtext? If i
          > upgrade to version 9.1 from 9.0 and then 9.1 to version 10
          > would that be more expensive than just up grading 9.0 to 10?
          >
          > I live in australia and even tho the conversion of the
          > upgrade cost is only 75 US$, which is AU$ 92, i have to pay
          > $AU 160 for the 9.1 upgrade.
          >
          > BruceHP@... <mailto:BruceHP%40aol.com> wrote:
          >

          > This information is incorrect. Ai Squared is offering free
          > upgrades to version 9.1 of ZoomText to all users who
          > purchased version 9.0 on or after February 20th. This is a
          > quite liberal upgrade policy given that the domestic ship
          > date of ZoomText 9.1 was May 7th and the international ship
          > date was May 21st.
          >
          > In the future, I would be happy to clear up any questions you
          > might have before posting to this list.
          > Sincerely,
          > Doug Hacker
          > Director of Operations
          > Ai Squared
          >
          > It seems to me that ZT9.1 is really just a modification to
          > allow it to be used with Vista, and therefore needn't? be a?
          > paid upgrade at all.
          >
          > ---========================
          > Keep Shooting!
          > BruceHP@... <mailto:BruceHP%40aol.com> ==========================

          If you are not the intended recipient or agent thereof responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

          If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and with a 'reply' message.

          Thank you for your co-operation.
        • George
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 7, 2007
            If you would not upgrade to Vista then the new ZT is just a wasted exersize.
            I tried the demo and nothing new but Vista.
            So far Vista is a headache for people with sight, what we can expect.
            About the Australian price, ZT head office answer is "the local distributors give you help"
            This is a ba joke, I like to see a representative from Sydney to travel to Perth / 5 hour flight.
            ----- Original Message ----- s