Complaints about AiSquared upgrade policy

  • Verhoeven, Peter
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 6, 2007

      magnifiers.org is receiving complaints about Ai Squared's Zoomtext
      upgrade policy.
      People who purchased Zoomtext 9 in april and recently bought a new
      computer with Vista installed, have to purchase for a new 9.1 upgrade.
      Are there persons on this list with the same complaints?

      I'm glad that users of Doplhin software with a license of the most
      recent version (Lunar, Lunarplus, Hal and Supernova) can download a free
      upgrade for Vista soon.

      I'm advising users of Dolphin software with version 7.x to register for
      a free version 8 upgrade, also if you do not currently run Windows
      Vista.
      The upgrade time for the free version is limmited.

      For registration visit:
      http://www.yourdolphin.com/newsitem.asp?id=192

      Those of you who purchased ZoomText recently and need a Vista upgrade
      are adviced to ask Ai Squared for a free upgrade and protest against
      this policy!
      Peter Verhoeven
      http://magnifiers.org

      This message and attachment(s) are intended solely for use by the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.

      If you are not the intended recipient or agent thereof responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

      If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and with a 'reply' message.

      Thank you for your co-operation.
    • Doug Hacker
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 6, 2007
        Peter,

        This information is incorrect. Ai Squared is offering free upgrades to
        version 9.1 of ZoomText to all users who purchased version 9.0 on or
        after February 20th. This is a quite liberal upgrade policy given that
        the domestic ship date of ZoomText 9.1 was May 7th and the international
        ship date was May 21st.

        In the future, I would be happy to clear up any questions you might have
        before posting to this list.

        Sincerely,

        Doug Hacker

        Director of Operations

        Ai Squared

        ________________________________

        http://magnifiers.org <http://magnifiers.org>

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 6, 2007
          Hi Doug,

          Maybe Ai Squared and ZoomText dealers can better inform their custommers in
          the future.
          Maybe such information can be published at
          http://www.aisquared.com/Products/UpgradePricing.cfm, where people can find
          information about upgrading?

          Peter Verhoeven
          magnifiers.org

        • BruceHP@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 6, 2007
            This information is incorrect. Ai Squared is offering free upgrades to
            version 9.1 of ZoomText to all users who purchased version 9.0 on or
            after February 20th. This is a quite liberal upgrade policy given that
            the domestic ship date of ZoomText 9.1 was May 7th and the international
            ship date was May 21st.

            In the future, I would be happy to clear up any questions you might have
            before posting to this list.
            Sincerely,
            Doug Hacker
            Director of Operations
            Ai Squared

            It seems to me that ZT9.1 is really just a modification to allow it to be used with Vista, and therefore needn't? be a? paid upgrade at all.

            ---========================
            Keep Shooting!
            BruceHP@...
            ==========================

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 7, 2007
                Hi thomas,

                If you didn't purchase ZoomText after 19 February 2007, don't upgrade to
                version 9.1.
                If you purchase Zoomtext after 19 february 2007 you can get a free
                upgrade.

                If you have a good working computer, do not upgrade to Windows Vista at
                all!
                If you buy a new computer, ask for Windows XP installed, instead of
                Windows Vista.

                Because most people prefer Windows XP, Microsoft do now allow computers
                to be sold with Windows XP in 2008.

                Regards Peter Verhoeven

                > I probably wont upgrade to vista for a long time, would it be
                > better if i waited untill version 10 of zoomtext? If i
                > upgrade to version 9.1 from 9.0 and then 9.1 to version 10
                > would that be more expensive than just up grading 9.0 to 10?
                >
                > I live in australia and even tho the conversion of the
                > upgrade cost is only 75 US$, which is AU$ 92, i have to pay
                > $AU 160 for the 9.1 upgrade.
                >
                > BruceHP@... <mailto:BruceHP%40aol.com> wrote:
                >

                > This information is incorrect. Ai Squared is offering free
                > upgrades to version 9.1 of ZoomText to all users who
                > purchased version 9.0 on or after February 20th. This is a
                > quite liberal upgrade policy given that the domestic ship
                > date of ZoomText 9.1 was May 7th and the international ship
                > date was May 21st.
                >
                > In the future, I would be happy to clear up any questions you
                > might have before posting to this list.
                > Sincerely,
                > Doug Hacker
                > Director of Operations
                > Ai Squared
                >
                > It seems to me that ZT9.1 is really just a modification to
                > allow it to be used with Vista, and therefore needn't? be a?
                > paid upgrade at all.
                >
                > ---========================
                > Keep Shooting!
                > BruceHP@... <mailto:BruceHP%40aol.com> ==========================

              • George
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 7, 2007
                  If you would not upgrade to Vista then the new ZT is just a wasted exersize.
                  I tried the demo and nothing new but Vista.
                  So far Vista is a headache for people with sight, what we can expect.
                  About the Australian price, ZT head office answer is "the local distributors give you help"
                  This is a ba joke, I like to see a representative from Sydney to travel to Perth / 5 hour flight.
                  ----- Original Message ----- s