Automatic pointer colours, ZoomText 8 and 9

  • Griffiths, Steve
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 1:58 AM
      There is a setting in ZoomText pointer enhancements to make the colour
      of the pointer and the pointer locator "automatic". My understanding is
      that if I choose this setting, both the pointer and the pointer locator
      should change colour depending on the background, so that they are
      always visible. This is what happens for the pointer locator - but the
      pointer colour stays white regardless of the background.

      I've looked in AiSquared's knowledge base, and there is an article
      concerning pointer colours staying white, but it is specific to version
      9 and is for when any colour is chosen. I'm getting this problem on two
      systems, one using ZoomText 9 and the other using ZoomText 8, and it is
      only happening when I choose "automatic" as the colour. Nonetheless, I
      have checked the setting recommended in that article - which is to
      ensure Windows is using standard pointers (scheme = none), and both PCs
      are already set to that.

      Does anyone have any other suggestions about why this is happening, or
      what I can do to get past it? Thanks in advance,

      ---
      Steve Griffiths,
      Access Technology Trainer, Access Technology Support Unit
      Royal National Institute of the Blind
      105 Judd Street
      London WC1H 9NE
      Tel: 020 7391 2232
      Email: steve.griffiths@...
      Fax: 020 7383 2034
      Web: http://www.rnib.org.uk/

      --
      DISCLAIMER:

      and any attachments from your system.

      cannot accept any responsibility for any such which are transmitted.

      those of RNIB.

      RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

      Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk