Repeat rate in ZoomText 9.0x

  • John Cunniff -- DeepSpace NetAdmin
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 6, 2007
      Hello, Everybody!

      I have a curious question to ask you. I just verified my "Repeat Rate"
      on my Keyboard icon under Control Panel, I foudn that I can do repeat
      just fine with medium long/short and fast set. No problem in Word
      Processing, Outlook, etc. I use "Click here to take a repeat rate
      test" and no problem. But in ZoomText 9.0 does not do a repeat, like
      for example, if I hit ALT+ numberpad minus to get magnification into
      smaller magnification by holding down two keys together for a second.
      It does not work. In old zoomText 7.11 did nice job by repeating like
      I do in chat with a huge hello with a big exclamation mark, funny
      things I do that, but in new ZoomText did not. Strange. I tried help |
      index for "repeat" but no avail! Weird... Can anyone give me a hunt
      for me to find out?

      Thanks,

      John :)
    • Frank Siedlaczek
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 6, 2007
        John Cunniff -- DeepSpace NetAdmin wrote:
        > Hello, Everybody!
        > I have a curious question to ask you.

        Well, your keyboard settings are not to blame. Zoomtext versions 8.x
        onwards have their own way of controlling querying the keyboard. They
        don't use the same windows keyboard events anymore that ZT 7.x did. For
        me personally, I regard this change as 'breaking a feature'. Maybe some
        folks like the new behaviour, then AiSquared should have made this
        configurable in the ZT options dialog. They never bothered to change it
        back nor to make it configurable. So... Version 8.x and above: no
        repeats. Not even for Alt-Arrow-keys to accelerate / slow down
        scrolling. Really a pity.

        And Happy Easter for you all soon!

        Regards
        Frank
      • John Cunniff -- DeepSpace NetAdmin
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 6, 2007
          Hello, Frank!

          Wow! I've learned something new that I did not know about ZT 8.x &
          above no longer accepts Repeat Rate like ZoomText 7.x did supported
          this. Oh well. Yes, I agree with you, it is a PITY!!! If I am in 16x
          or more magnification, for example, a computer technician needs to
          work on my Windows update that he must take care of each machines,
          he asks me to fix my ZoomText, I would want to hit ALT+ minus sign
          repeatedly without pressing (hold down two keys together for a
          second), but my easiest and faster way I have to do is hit ALT+DEL!
          LOL.

          Thanks for explaining to me about this situation, I understand that
          clearly!

          Happy Easter to all of you, too!

          Regards,

          John Cunniff

          --- In magnifiers@yahoogroups.com, Frank Siedlaczek <siedlaczek@...>

        • BruceHP@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 6, 2007
            >So... Version 8.x and above: no

            repeats. Not even for Alt-Arrow-keys to accelerate / slow down

            >scrolling. Really a pity. I much prefer the new way, tapping the + or arrow key is much more controlable that just holding it down. Of course, you could just scroll the magnification. ---========================
            Keep Shooting!
            BruceHP@...