Re: [magnifiers] Zoomtext, Roxio Videowave and the apint-brush effect

  • BruceHP@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2006
      In a message dated 6/9/2006 12:18:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      Nick_Donaldson@... writes:

      I am one of these video editing folks. I have Zoomtext 9.0.3(I think) and am
      using Roxio Videowave(part of Media Creator 8).

      When in Videowave, I get that paint brush effect when moving near the
      preview window. In other words, parts of the screen are painted over when the
      pointer passes over them. I can toggle the magnification and the painted-over
      parts are back to normal. But, when I start moving around again, it happens
      again.

      Has anyone encountered this?

      Nick Donaldson

      Nick, When ZT starts it disables DirectX, which causes the problem you have.
      DirectX can be enabled by using the "Windows Key" +R, and then typing in
      the command dxdiag, DirectX should be on the third page. Of course, this might
      cause other problems with roxio.