Problem with Yahoo! Mail and ZoomText 9

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2006
      Hi all,

      I just switched to Yahoo! Mail and ZoomText won't (in
      general) read emails using AppReader. Sometimes it
      will do it, sometimes it won't. I tried the Beta
      version of Yahoo! Mail, and in the Beta version it
      won't read emails at all. I've since switched back to
      the "classic" Yahoo! Mail.

      Has anyone else had this problem?

      -Paul.
    • Karey Carbaugh
      Message 2 of 6 , May 4, 2006
        Hello Paul,

        Actually, I used to have the problem you are reporting
        with ZoomText 7 and 8, but have not had it with
        ZoomText 9. What browser are you using?

        I just used App Reader to read this posting and it
        worked fine with ZoomText 9 and the classic version of
        Yahoo! mail.

        There is a work-around, which I tend to use, just
        because I have gotten in the habbit from when it used
        to not work in Version 7 and 8. You can highlight
        some, or all, of the e-mail and then use Ctl + C to
        copy the highlighted text to the clipboard. Then, use
        Alt + Shift + V to read the clipboard contents in
        ZoomText. This is a bit more work, but as I say, I
        use it all the time out of force of habbit. This
        "trick" also works with many other things that
        ZoomText may not read well with App Reader and is much
        quicker than waiting for App Reader to load. So it is
        nice for reading small bits of text.

        I hope this helps. Let me know what browser you are
        using and that may help. I'm useing an older version
        of IE (which I need to upgrade).

        Good luck!
        Karey

        --- Paul <paulktf@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I just switched to Yahoo! Mail and ZoomText won't
        > (in
        > general) read emails using AppReader. Sometimes it
        > will do it, sometimes it won't. I tried the Beta
        > version of Yahoo! Mail, and in the Beta version it
        > won't read emails at all. I've since switched back
        > the "classic" Yahoo! Mail.
        >
        > Has anyone else had this problem?
        >
        > -Paul.

        Thank you,
        Have a Great Day!

        Karey Carbaugh

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Karey Carbaugh
        Message 3 of 6 , May 4, 2006
          Correction to previous e-mail!!!!!!!!

          Use Ctl + C to copy highlighted text to the clipboard,
          then use Alt + Shift + C (NOT Alt + Shift + V as I
          previously stated) to speak the clipboard!

          Sorry for the confusion!

          Karey

          --- Paul <paulktf@...> wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > I just switched to Yahoo! Mail and ZoomText won't
          > (in
          > general) read emails using AppReader. Sometimes it
          > will do it, sometimes it won't. I tried the Beta
          > version of Yahoo! Mail, and in the Beta version it
          > won't read emails at all. I've since switched back
          > the "classic" Yahoo! Mail.
          >
          > Has anyone else had this problem?
          >
          > -Paul.

          Thank you,
          Have a Great Day!

          Karey Carbaugh

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Paul
          Message 4 of 6 , May 4, 2006
            Hi Karey,

            Yeah- sometimes it works for me, sometimes it
            doesn't... I was able to read your message with
            AppReader fine, btw. :)

            I'm using IE 6 on Windows XP SP2.

            http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/8vOslB/TM

            -Paul.
          • BruceHP@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , May 4, 2006
              In a message dated 5/4/2006 4:23:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
              kareycarbaugh@... writes:

              Use Ctl + C to copy highlighted text to the clipboard,
              then use Alt + Shift + C (NOT Alt + Shift + V as I
              previously stated) to speak the clipboard!

              Sorry for the confusion!

              Karey

              Why not use Shift+Alt+I then highlite the text with the Speak-It tool. When
              you release the left button ( from highliting) the text will be read. Right
              click will cancel the Speak-It tool.

              Message 6 of 6 , May 4, 2006
                In a message dated 5/4/2006 7:06:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                kareycarbaugh@... writes:

                I hope this helps. Let me know what browser you are
                using and that may help. I'm useing an older version
                of IE (which I need to upgrade).

                You should just dump IE all together and get FireFox, it's much more secure.
                Check ZT Help for info on the Speak-It tool.