Accessible typing tutors??

  • Robert Dahm COMS
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 22, 2006
      While on the topic of large print keyboards and typing in general, I
      would appreciate any feedback the group might have on typing tutors and
      which were the most accessible with Zoomtext or other screen
      magnifiers. We have several middle school students that are motivated
      to increase there typing speed and accuracy. I have used the APH typing
      tutor with adults before but was looking for something that was more fun
      or diverse that would engage the middle school age group since they
      would be doing this on their own. Also if there are favorites that are
      more voice oriented that were stand alone or could used easily with
      screen readers.
      Thanks
      Robert Dahm, COMS
    • BruceHP@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 23, 2006
        In a message dated 3/23/2006 1:58:10 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        rdahm@... writes:

        >While on the topic of large print keyboards and typing in general, I
        >would appreciate any feedback the group might have on typing tutors Thanks
        >Robert Dahm, COMS

        I can't answer, have you entered "typing tutor" into a Google search?
        COMS=Crotchety Old Man Syndrome?
      • Stan Dyser
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 26, 2006
          Talking Typer Teacher is another accessible tutorial and it has a pro version
          that can be installed on a network. The link is:
          http://www.braillebookstore.com/talking-typing-teacher.htm

          Stan