Re: [magnifiers] Any magnifiers for iPods?

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 18, 2006
      Wouldn't it be great if the iPod had a built-in speech synthesier that
      would read the menu options and so forth? I can't believe Apple hasn't
      built in an option like this yet...

      -Paul.
    • Paul
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 18, 2006
        On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 00:08:32 -0500, "Katey Glass"
        <kateyglass@...> wrote:

        >Hi Paul,

        Hi Katey!

        >I have an iPod-- the Shuffle and I love it! I don't know if I'd have enough vision for the Nano (which just came out with a 1 Gig model) either-- I'd have to use one of my many hand helds-- like I have a tri folding magnifier which when all 3 are used make 20X-- this is made my bouch and lomb but may not be available anymore. I also have a 10X one that has a light. I have not tryed them with a regular iPod.

        Interesting..

        >There is a listserver for Blind iPod users who may have some other tips. I recently joined.
        >
        >to subscribe send a blank message w/the word subscribe in the subject line to:
        >
        >blindipod-request@...

        Cool! I had no idea about that- thanks for letting me know! :)

        >Just our of curiosity, why don't you like the Shuffle?

        Well, I'd just want as much storage as possible. It's not so much that I
        don't like the Shuffle; but I'd want something with more storage
        capacity and options.

        >Katey

        >Make It Visible!
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        -Paul.
      • Katey Glass
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 18, 2006
          OK that makes sense! I know that the Shuffle is small when compaired to other iPods-- except maybe the Nano!

          Katey
          <kateyglass@...> wrote:

          >Hi Paul,

          Hi Katey!

          >I have an iPod-- the Shuffle and I love it! I don't know if I'd have enough vision for the Nano (which just came out with a 1 Gig model) either-- I'd have to use one of my many hand helds-- like I have a tri folding magnifier which when all 3 are used make 20X-- this is made my bouch and lomb but may not be available anymore. I also have a 10X one that has a light. I have not tryed them with a regular iPod.

          Interesting..

          >There is a listserver for Blind iPod users who may have some other tips. I recently joined.
          >
          >to subscribe send a blank message w/the word subscribe in the subject line to:
          >
          >blindipod-request@...

          Cool! I had no idea about that- thanks for letting me know! :)

          >Just our of curiosity, why don't you like the Shuffle?

          Well, I'd just want as much storage as possible. It's not so much that I
          don't like the Shuffle; but I'd want something with more storage
          capacity and options.

          >Katey

          >Make It Visible!
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links