ZoomText with a projector

  • word2jim@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 27, 2005
      I got permission to copy this from the ZoomText Forum. Maybe someone here
      has an answer:

      Hello,

      I am supporting a student who is working towards his teaching degree and is
      practice teaching in a classroom setting. I am wondering if there might be a
      way to attach a projector to his laptop, and still use Zoomtext on his machine
      without the projected picture being magnified.

      Any ideas or thoughts, or is this strictly a video setting and not related
      to Zoomtext?

      Thank you.
      Markus G.

    • Chris O'Donnell
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 27, 2005
        One solution that will work is to use two computers for this task. One
        computer is attached to the projector and doesn't have ZoomText running. The
        other computer, with ZoomText, controls the "projector" computer via
        remoting software such as Terminal Services. So the user gets to use the
        magnified display while the projector computer uses the non-magnified
        display.

        Good luck, someone at another university actually uses this solution.
        -Chris O

        On 10/27/05, word2jim@... <word2jim@...> wrote:

        > I got permission to copy this from the ZoomText Forum. Maybe someone here
        >
        > has an answer:
        >
        > Hello,
        >
        > I am supporting a student who is working towards his teaching degree and
        > is
        > practice teaching in a classroom setting. I am wondering if there might be
        > way to attach a projector to his laptop, and still use Zoomtext on his
        > machine
        > without the projected picture being magnified.
        >
        > Any ideas or thoughts, or is this strictly a video setting and not related
        >
        > to Zoomtext?
        >
        > Thank you.
        > Markus G.

      • Paul
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 27, 2005
          On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:25:58 -0400, Chris O'Donnell
          <csodonnell@...> wrote:

          >One solution that will work is to use two computers for this task. One
          >computer is attached to the projector and doesn't have ZoomText running. The
          >other computer, with ZoomText, controls the "projector" computer via
          >remoting software such as Terminal Services. So the user gets to use the
          >magnified display while the projector computer uses the non-magnified
          >display.
          >
          >Good luck, someone at another university actually uses this solution.
          >-Chris O

          Chris,

          Great!! Thank you for this suggestion (and thanks to Jim for
          posting the question here). I'll post your response to the Ai Squared
          forum for the person who had the problem so they can see it. Thanks
          again. :)

          -Paul.
        • Chris O'Donnell
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 27, 2005
            You're welcome. This seems like a common usage question -- would make a nice
            FAQ item for ZoomText.

            -Chris O

            On 10/27/05, Paul <pauls@...> wrote:

            > On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:25:58 -0400, Chris O'Donnell
            > <csodonnell@...> wrote:
            >

            > >One solution that will work is to use two computers for this task. One
            > >computer is attached to the projector and doesn't have ZoomText running.
            > The
            > >other computer, with ZoomText, controls the "projector" computer via
            > >remoting software such as Terminal Services. So the user gets to use the
            > >magnified display while the projector computer uses the non-magnified
            > >display.
            > >
            > >Good luck, someone at another university actually uses this solution.
            > >-Chris O
            >
            > Chris,
            >
            > Great!! Thank you for this suggestion (and thanks to Jim for
            > posting the question here). I'll post your response to the Ai Squared
            > forum for the person who had the problem so they can see it. Thanks
            > again. :)
            >
            > -Paul.

          • Paul
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 27, 2005
              On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:41:40 -0400, Chris O'Donnell
              <csodonnell@...> wrote:

              >You're welcome. This seems like a common usage question -- would make a nice
              >FAQ item for ZoomText.
              >
              >-Chris O

              Chris,

              Good idea! I'll ask Ai Squared that they consider making a
              Knowledge Base article on this issue.

              -Paul.
            • Robert and Debbie Ball
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 27, 2005
                i have zoom text and didn't know there was a forum. do you have the address
                for it?
                thanks
                Debbie
                >I got permission to copy this from the ZoomText Forum. Maybe someone here
                > has an answer:
                >
                > Hello,
                >
                > I am supporting a student who is working towards his teaching degree and
                > is
                > practice teaching in a classroom setting. I am wondering if there might be
                > way to attach a projector to his laptop, and still use Zoomtext on his
                > machine
                > without the projected picture being magnified.
                >
                > Any ideas or thoughts, or is this strictly a video setting and not related
                > to Zoomtext?
                >
                > Thank you.
                > Markus G.

              • Paul
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 28, 2005
                  On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:48:12 -0400, "Robert and Debbie Ball"
                  <dball8850@...> wrote:

                  >i have zoom text and didn't know there was a forum. do you have the address
                  >for it?
                  >thanks
                  >Debbie

                  Hi Debbie,

                  Sure do! It's here:

                  http://www.aisquared.com/forums/index.php

                  -Paul.
                • word2jim@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 28, 2005
                    In a message dated 10/27/2005 7:45:11 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
                    csodonnell@... writes:

                    > Great!! Thank you for this suggestion (and thanks to Jim for
                    > posting the question here). I'll post your response to the Ai Squared
                    > forum for the person who had the problem so they can see it. Thanks
                    > again. :)
                    >
                    > -Paul.

                    Thank you, Paul, for forwarding this back to the ZT Forum. and for all your
                    work here, and there, and on site!
                    Jim H.

                  • Paul
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 29, 2005
                      On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 01:47:28 EDT, word2jim@... wrote:

                      >In a message dated 10/27/2005 7:45:11 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
                      >csodonnell@... writes:
                      >
                      >> Great!! Thank you for this suggestion (and thanks to Jim for
                      >> posting the question here). I'll post your response to the Ai Squared
                      >> forum for the person who had the problem so they can see it. Thanks
                      >> again. :)
                      >>
                      >> -Paul.
                      >

                      >Thank you, Paul, for forwarding this back to the ZT Forum. and for all your
                      >work here, and there, and on site!
                      >Jim H.

                      Jim,

                      Glad to help in any way I can. :)