The state of LCDs

  • Kevin Brown
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2005
      Does anyone use a newer model LCD monitor with their CCTV or PC
      magnification software? I have heard that they have a pixel response time
      that matches CRT monitors and I was wondering if they still suffer from the
      same ghosting and like problems that LCD's of a slower pixel response time
      are burdened with?

      **

    • Ed Aziz
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2005
        Hi Kevin
        I am using a dual monitor setup with 2 17" lcd's and the XP magnifier program and it works out very well. I have macular degeneration and need about 72pt text. I also have a pair of glasses I had made with a 24" focal length that helps a lot. Let me know if I can be of any help.
        Ed

        Kevin Brown <kb1381@...> wrote:
        Does anyone use a newer model LCD monitor with their CCTV or PC
        magnification software? I have heard that they have a pixel response time
        that matches CRT monitors and I was wondering if they still suffer from the
        same ghosting and like problems that LCD's of a slower pixel response time
        are burdened with?

        **

        Screen magnifier Communication and networking Wireless communication and networking

        ---------------------------------

      • Kenneth Murray
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 7, 2005
          I got a new 19 inch Samsung Digital/Analog lcd, with a 8 ms response speed.
          ZT works great, with no problems. I'm using the digital interface.

          Ken

          Hazel and Ken Murray
          Las Cruces, New Mexico
          kjm03usafresret@...
          hazelhappy1@...
          SKP 33809 SMART 9621
        • Kevin Brown
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 8, 2005
            Thanks Ken, Ed, everyone. It's good to hear the situation with LCDs is
            getting better!

            I have a 16ms response LCD I was going to give to some one to use with a
            CCTV. She has a 26ms model, and sees some ghosting with that. Hope the 16ms
            one will do a better job (as it sounds like it should).

            Cheers,

            Kevin