Re: [magnifiers] ZT and PDFs question

  • Jennifer Jesso
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 12, 2005
      Thanks for the help and suggestions everyone! I think for now I will set my
      default program to work with PDFs as Reader for now. I will take a look at
      the built-in speech as well, having never tried that before.

      Jen
    • BruceHP@aol.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 12, 2005
        In a message dated 9/12/2005 6:26:20 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        word2jim@... writes:

        QUOTE:
        Is there a way to make Acrobat Professional let
        ZoomText read files, or
        should I just keep using Adobe Reader to read them?
        END QUOTE
        As far as I know, the answer is NO. Only Adobe Reader has been modified to
        allow use by Zoom Text. There is no text in any graphical format for Zoom
        Text to 'read'.
        You need Adobe Reader 6 for use with ZT8 or Adobe Reader 7 for use with ZT9.
        .Jim H.

        ZT8.1 works with Adobe 7, but the built-in Adobe Reader works fine. Adobe
        should detect ZT and reprocess the document for reading.

        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 12, 2005
          In a message dated 9/12/2005 7:45:28 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          kb1381@... writes:

          Alice's idea to convert the PDFs to text or rich text is a good one,
          provided they are not too complicated.

          why is this a good idea, when both ZT and Adobe Reader can both Read aloud.

        • Kevin Brown
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 12, 2005
            On 9/12/05, BruceHP@... <BruceHP@...> wrote:

            > In a message dated 9/12/2005 7:45:28 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
            > kb1381@... writes:
            >
            > Alice's idea to convert the PDFs to text or rich text is a good one,
            > provided they are not too complicated.
            >

            > why is this a good idea, when both ZT and Adobe Reader can both Read
            > aloud.

            Good point. :)

          • BruceHP@aol.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 12, 2005
              In a message dated 9/12/2005 8:49:37 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
              BruceHP@... writes:

              Is there a way to make Acrobat Professional let
              ZoomText read files, or
              should I just keep using Adobe Reader to read them?

              Now I get the question, yes, use Reader.

            • Shawn Warren
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 12, 2005
                Both ZT 8.1 & ZT 9 support both Adobe Reader 6.0.1 & Adobe Reader
                version 7.

                For details you can refer to our knowledge base. Here is an FAQ link:

                http://www.aisquared.com/Support/KBdetail.cfm?ID=120

                Shawn

                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 12, 2005
                  In a message dated 09/12/2005 6:22:51 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
                  swarren@... writes:

                  Both ZT 8.1 & ZT 9 support both Adobe Reader 6.0.1 & Adobe Reader
                  version 7.

                  For details you can refer to our knowledge base

                  Well... I quess it is time for a bug report on the 8.12 version!!!
                  I can not run Adobe Reader 7 successfully with ZT8.12 running. But it works
                  fine with ZT9.

                  When I first started beta testing of ZT9 I could not run Adobe 6
                  successfully, so I upgraded to the reader 7.
                  .Jim H.

                • BruceHP@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 13, 2005
                    In a message dated 9/13/2005 2:25:29 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                    word2jim@... writes:

                    Well... I quess it is time for a bug report on the 8.12 version!!!

                    The current version is 8.13.06, maybe you should update.