Re: [magnifiers] ZoomText question

  • Loy
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 19, 2005
      You just need the serial number from the previous version. If you no longer
      have it you can contact ZoomText Support and I am sure they can give you the
      old number.
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 19, 2005
        On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 16:46:31 -0400, John Cunniff -- DeepSpace NetAdmin
        <johnc@...> wrote:

        >DearPaul,
        >
        >I got it! Thanks for the information. You are talking about putting an
        >old serial number into my friend's ZoomText and it should work.

        During installation it will ask for your previous serial number, yes.

        -Paul.
      • John Cunniff -- DeepSpace NetAdmin
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 19, 2005
          DearPaul,

          I got it! Thanks for the information. You are talking about putting an
          old serial number into my friend's ZoomText and it should work.

          John

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 19, 2005
            Paul and everybody!

            Installation was successful! BUT when restarted by itself, and when
            Windows started. It suddenly gave my friend a BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH and
            suddenly, it rebooted and the windows came back and AGAIN, it gave her a
            BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH over again and again!! That really surprised me. I
            guess that it may be the conflict with the video card, that is what I
            guess, but I cannot see the Blue Screen of Death as it disappeared too fast.

            Her Operating System is Windows XP Home Edition.

            I do not know what I can do is to solve the problem.

            Hmmmmm....

            John

            Paul wrote:

            >John,
            >
            > During install, you need the old key for the previous ZoomText
            >version to do a fresh install on a new computer (to prove that you do
            >own a previous version of ZoomText). Then, it should install fine.
            >
            >On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 15:34:13 -0400, John Cunniff -- DeepSpace NetAdmin
            ><johnc@...> wrote:
            >

            >>Hello, everybody,
            >>
            >>I had my younger brother to help us to install my friend's new laptop
            >>ZoomText 8.12 as my friend brought an upgraded version of ZoomText 8.12
            >>with her to my house and my younger brother helped her to install it for
            >>her. Wow, he learned that we MUST have an older version of ZoomText in
            >>which my friend did not bring the old version of ZoomText.
            >>
            >>The last time before we ordered ZoomText 8.12 Upgrade version, I asked
            >>the customer service if I could install on a new or re-install i.e.,
            >>hard drive crashed on any computer, like that, can we install an upgrade
            >>version, will it work... The customer service rep. told me it would work
            >>if I installed an upgrade version without any further details. I thought
            >>it would still work as I would ONLY put in a new serial number and/or an
            >>old serial number that my friend have previously purchased ZoomText. She
            >>previously bought a FULL install of ZoomText 7.1 for $395. Then, she
            >>paid $149 for an upgrade version of ZoomText 8.1.
            >>
            >>My question for you. Did you experience having not able to install newer
            >>ZoomText without using a previous version of ZoomText being in a new
            >>computer as my friend recently bought a new laptop (Toshiba laptop)???
            >>If you experienced being successfully installed on a new PC or laptop
            >>without using an old version of ZoomText as I described earlier, please
            >>share that with us.
            >>
            >>Thank you very much.
            >>
            >>John
            >>

            >-Paul.

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Paul
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 19, 2005
              John,

              Please e-mail support@... detailing the installation
              and what the blue screen says and they will try to help. :)

              -Paul.
            • lesliepeterson
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 20, 2005
                John,

                Yes, you can have the update version if you have your own license of ZT
                8.1. I recieved the news that ZT 9.0 is on beta now. It will improve the
                driver for the laptop display screen. Ofcourse, you have to pay for the
                upgrade version 9.0, too.

                Anyway, some are not happy with 8.0 but they keep 7.11 which is best one
                for the XP.

                Anyway, my 8.1 will be my last one, not more to buy any new version because
                I need to change to the braille now. My left eye can not read any more but
                my right eye will not able to read SOON. So I will say "good bye to ZT"
                soon.

                I hope you will see the different between "update" and "upgrade".

                Leslie--