RE: [magnifiers] ZX7 unable to magnify Together 4.0

  • Mike Hill
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2000
      Hi All,
      The reason for this is that the Java run time system appears to be using Direct Draw to display it's output. Direct Draw can bypass the standard Windows display driver, and therefore some screen magnifers which work by intercepting the display driver will fail to magnify it.

      You could try using the Microsoft Magnifier, this appears to work with such Java applications!
      Mike.

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2000
        Mike Hill wrote:

        > Hi All,
        > The reason for this is that the Java run time system appears to be using Direct Draw to display it's output. Direct Draw can bypass the standard Windows display driver, and therefore some screen magnifers which work by intercepting the display driver will fail to magnify it.

        I installed ZX7 and Together 4.0 on a Win98 system running the same JDK (1.3) and on that system ZX7 magnified Together 4.0 well. Then I installed ZX7 and Together 4.0 on a Win2K system with a different display card, but ZX7 caused exactly the same problem. Installing the latest
        drivers, experimenting with acceleration and adjusting other display settings didn't help.

        Neither a display driver nor JDK 1.3 seem to cause this problem. It is more likely to be caused by incompatibility between Win2K and ZX7. By the way: Screen output of other applications is sequentially truncated by ZX7 under Win2K; another reason to suspect incompatibility.

        Bas