Re: [magnifiers] Dolphin launches the world’sfirst access software on a portable Pen

    Message 1 of 2 , May 13, 2005
      Hi Frank,

      Yes, I agree with you.
      You always need admins to install driver interceptor.
      Next step should be find a solution with Microsoft to realy be
      independent, without installing any additional software.

      But it is better than we had.

      Regards Peter Verhoeven

      Frank Siedlaczek wrote:

      > Peter Verhoeven wrote:
      >
      > >Dolphin launches the world’s first access software on a portable Pen
      > >Making a PC “Dolphin Pen Friendly” could not be easier. To use the
      > >Dolphin Pen, all that is required is to install the Dolphin Interceptor
      > >onto the PC.
      > >
      > Great to hear that development has reached the release stage! We
      > definitely need this feature!
      >
      > But what a bummer that the software still needs the 'interceptor'. This
      > would mean that you have to bug administrators or computer owners to
      > install a piece of software on their computer that they themselves would
      > never need. Something that would probably screw with the graphics
      > drivers and worst of all would require administrative provileges to
      > install successfully. So the hurdle is now whether the PC in question is
      > already 'pen friendly'. Otherwise I don't really see the freedom of that
      > new technology. So the time-consuming negotiation battle with admins is
      > still necessary...
      >
      > But I don't want to sound too steel-hearted :-) As I said, it's still an
      > idea that points into the right direction!!! I am wondering when Ai2
      > will have such a product available...? (No Paul, I will not mail them
      > now :-))
      >
      > Regards
      > Frank

    • Kevin Brown
      Message 2 of 2 , May 13, 2005
        On 5/13/05, Peter Verhoeven <pav@...> wrote:

        > But it is better than we had.

        It certainly is! I'm ordering mine as soon as I figure out I can afford it.
        :). Thanks as always, Peter.

        Kevin