[magnifiers] Happy New Year needs

  • word2jim@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2005
      Hi all,
      Thank you for the well-wishes for the new year! Same to every-one! Happy
      New Year 2005!
      I will check out the Low Vision Initiative again and more thoroughly this
      time. Some things I hope for this year:
      1. Some public service spots about what a white cain means. Many immigrants
      don't know its an aid not a weapon! They ignore me and nearly get tripped,
      or they run away before I get near.
      2. Some more companies willing to hire handicapped workers, especially
      technicians software test, and engineers.
      3. Better services for families that are falling apart, or that are already
      torn apart.
      4. More churches, synagogues, and service organizations embraceing a group
      of handicapped neighbors. They can be better at being accessible and
      supportive.
      5. May the disabled groups continue to educate, train, and enable all people.
      .Jim H.