Happy New Year and Thanks

  • Rob Stemple
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2004
      December 31, 2004

      For thos of you who've been following our activities for 2004 I don't to
      tell you that's it's been a year of great highs and lows. We opened our new
      annex, had our largest fundraiser ever (the Confluence Lions National Road
      Carving Festival), initiated a Prevention of Blindness effort to be proud of
      and funded a new Low Vision technology initiative. On the other hand, our
      manufacturing program was virtually cut in half with products moving
      overseas, Hurricane Ivan left 4 feet of water in half of our facility and
      our 2003 Ford Club Wagon was totaled two weeks ago.
      Our hopes are high for 2005, though. Repairs and renovations are underway,
      we're bringing our first-ever JWOD contract, opening our new Low Vision
      Technology and a generous settlement with the insurance company has allowed
      us to replace our van with an almost new 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan!
      I know that many of you have had personal and professional difficulties
      during 2004. I fervently hope that 2005 brings you hope, health and
      prosperity. Until next year, GOD Bless!

      Sincerely,

      Rob

      Robin Stemple, Executive Director
      Somerset County Blind Center

      748 S. Center Ave.
      Somerset, PA 15501

      814-445-1310 Fax: 814-444-1385 Toll-Free: 877-368-9475
      rob@...
      web Site: www.somersetblind.org