Re: [magnifiers] Recomend upgrading to ZoomText 8.1 if you can

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 31, 2004
      On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 08:00:55 +0200, "Jacques Bosch"
      <jacques.bosch@...> wrote:

      >Hi Paul. I am an intense, high speed user of my system.
      >I do software development, and I can easily have up to 10 or 15 windows open
      >at a time.
      >And yes, I have a very capable system. :)

      I recall envying your system quite a bit! :)

      >My frustration comes in when comparing how much slower ZT8.x is at doing
      >exactly the same job as ZT7.x.
      >May be the latest version will be better (8.1.2), but I'm hesitant to try it
      >as I have always had to uninstall both ZT's and the display adaptor and
      >start from scratch as ZT8 messed up zt 7's installation. And all that can
      >take up to 1 or 2 hours with all the system restarts in between.

      Ah.. That does sound like a pain. I can understand why you don't want to
      switch- can't blame you1

      >But I'll have to try it one of these days.

      You might want to e-mail support@... and let them know about
      the problems. Tell them what software you use ZoomText with.. maybe they
      can get it resolved in the next release if they havn't already.

      >Jacques

      -Paul.
    • Jacques Bosch
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 31, 2004
        I have been corresponding with AI Squared support very much over the last
        year.
        Have sent them exhaustive feedback on the bugs and problems I have been
        having with ZT 8.x and how they occur and with what software.

        They are, I believe, working on a new major release that will address the
        over all performance issue some of the ZT user cannot live with. :)

        Looking forward to a really good comeback to that standard of the ZT7.x
        series.

        Jacques

        > On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 08:00:55 +0200, "Jacques Bosch"
        > <jacques.bosch@...> wrote:
        >

        > >Hi Paul. I am an intense, high speed user of my system.
        > >I do software development, and I can easily have up to 10 or 15 windows
        open
        > >at a time.
        > >And yes, I have a very capable system. :)
        >
        > I recall envying your system quite a bit! :)
        >
        > >My frustration comes in when comparing how much slower ZT8.x is at doing
        > >exactly the same job as ZT7.x.
        > >May be the latest version will be better (8.1.2), but I'm hesitant to try
        it
        > >as I have always had to uninstall both ZT's and the display adaptor and
        > >start from scratch as ZT8 messed up zt 7's installation. And all that can
        > >take up to 1 or 2 hours with all the system restarts in between.
        >
        > Ah.. That does sound like a pain. I can understand why you don't want to
        > switch- can't blame you1
        >
        > >But I'll have to try it one of these days.
        >
        > You might want to e-mail support@... and let them know about
        > the problems. Tell them what software you use ZoomText with.. maybe they
        > can get it resolved in the next release if they havn't already.
        >
        > >Jacques
        >

        > -Paul.

      • Paul
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 1, 2004
          On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 08:44:42 +0200, "Jacques Bosch"
          <jacques.bosch@...> wrote:

          >I have been corresponding with AI Squared support very much over the last
          >year.
          >Have sent them exhaustive feedback on the bugs and problems I have been
          >having with ZT 8.x and how they occur and with what software.
          >
          >They are, I believe, working on a new major release that will address the
          >over all performance issue some of the ZT user cannot live with. :)
          >
          >Looking forward to a really good comeback to that standard of the ZT7.x
          >series.
          >
          >Jacques

          That's great! I can't wait! :)

          -Paul.
        • Haverp@aol.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 8, 2004
            ver 8 will not run well on many systems still in use, so upgrading is an
            individual decision.

          • Paul
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 8, 2004
              On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 17:34:31 EST, Haverp@... wrote:

              >ver 8 will not run well on many systems still in use, so upgrading is an
              >individual decision.

              Er... Well yes of course...

              -Paul.