Re: WebEyes vs. Zoomtext; the point of Jim's post re: WebEyes is that some folks simply cannot afford cost of Zoomtext...

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2004

      << Message: 9
      Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 07:37:13 -0500
      From: Paul <pauls@...>
      Subject: Re: From Richard: Re: WebEyes vs. Zoomtext; the point of Jim's post
      re: WebEyes is that some folks simply cannot afford cost of Zoomtext.On Sat,
      2 Oct 2004 03:18:53 -0500, "Richard" <wordsmith1776@...> wrote:

      >Re: WebEyes vs. Zoomtext; the point of Jim's post re: Web Eyes is that
      >some folks simply cannot afford the cost of Zoomtext...

      I understand that. Fortunatly; there are local and govement agencies which
      will buy ZoomText for you. :)

      -Paul. >>

      Richard replies:

      Unfortunately, there is a niche category of those considering using
      Zoomtext, that do not qualify for local and government assistance
      (typically via the Vocational-Rehabilition State Agencies), as they are too
      disabled to be considered for employment.

      This is where WebEyes, etc. can be of some help.

      Has AISquared, and other vendors, considered offering older versions of
      their products at reduced cost, to those who cannot afford the latest
      versions of their Screen Readers, especially for those with older computer
      systems?

      Richard in Louisiana

      Wordsmith1776@...
    • Paul
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2004
        On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 08:42:49 -0500, "Richard"
        <wordsmith1776@...> wrote:

        >Has AISquared, and other vendors, considered offering older versions of
        >their products at reduced cost, to those who cannot afford the latest
        >versions of their Screen Readers, especially for those with older computer
        >systems?

        I suppose you could suggest that to them, but their policy right now is
        that they do not sell older versions of their software probably because
        they do not want to support older versions any longer than they have to.

        But you can often find older versions of ZoomText on eBay for really
        great prices!

        -Paul.
      • Kathy Seven Williams
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2004
          JAWS for DOS is available at no charge from Freedom Scientific.

          MAGIC that worked with DOS used to be available at no charge, but I don't
          know if this is the case since Freedom Scientific bought it from the folks
          in Frammington.