Re: [magnifiers] Pocket Viewer

  • Kathy Seven Williams
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 2, 2004
      As I said, the pocket CCTV that Freedom Scientific is selling is a color
      version with some contrast adjustment as well. This is the one that took
      the place of the Pocket Viewer for the salesman I bought my demo unit from.
      In my personal opinion it wasn't better, which is why I bought the Pocket
      Viewer. It has color. I don't see color. Many people with central vision
      loss don't see color. It was also a bit larger I think, and has this little
      tilting piece at the camera which lets you turn the camera on, and also
      raise it up to do a bit of signing or highlighting under the camera. I
      found I ran out of hands with both units, but I liked how the Pocket Viewer
      worked better. As with everything else in access technology, it's totally
      individual.
    • Scott R. Burch
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 2, 2004
        Is that Pico from Telesensory?

        That is one I have just ordered. Yes, it has a color mode, as well as a B&W
        mode, plus some new updated features.

        Scott
        www.scottburch.info
      • Leslie P Peterson
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 3, 2004
          Scott,

          yes, I know it. I like it, too. But it is not "pocket CCTV". I also
          have MaxEye portable CCTV from German. I like it because it is LED
          display. yes it is only one which has the LED display but it is not more
          produce. But I use it fading because I use PocketViewer more and more
          because it is easy to carry with me.

          Leslie--
          On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 14:09:56 -0400 "Scott R. Burch"
          <scott.burch@...> writes:

          > Is that Pico from Telesensory?
          >
          > That is one I have just ordered. Yes, it has a color mode, as well
          > as a B&W
          > mode, plus some new updated features.
          >
          > Scott
          > www.scottburch.info

          > --------------------~-->
          > http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/8vOslB/TM

        • Katey Glass
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 4, 2004
            I was at my state Convention of the NFB this weekend and Pulse Data rep was there & yes there is a color version of Pocket Viewer coming out.

            I have the QuickLook and love it.

            Katey
            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 6, 2004
              Hi all,

              Just while we're on the subject you might be interested to seem my
              comparison of the Pico and the Quicklook on my website (www.senit.org). I
              should be getting hold of a Tieman pocket magnifier next Friday (not the
              traveller) so I hope to review this too.

              The site is generally aimed at technology for special educational needs, but
              it has a fairly wide audience.

              Charlie
              http://www.senit.org