First Magnifier for Mobile Phones Released!

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2004
      Mobile Magnifier
      CODE FACTORY announces release of first mobile phone magnifier

      Code Factory, leading developer of accessibility solutions for mobile
      phones, is announcing the release of Mobile Magnifier, the first screen
      magnification software for cell phones for the visually impaired.

      Code Factory has recently set milestones on the market for accessible
      products for mobile phones with the release of the Mobile Accessibility
      application in May 2003, and Mobile Speak, a screen reader for mobile
      phones in June 2004.

      Mobile Magnifier gives independence in every day life
      situations. It enlarges and enhances all items of the mobile phone
      display. It provides six different colour schemes (from black and white
      up to 4096 colours). Mobile Magnifier automatically detects and
      magnifies the area of interest as the user navigates through the phone's
      user interface.

      Other key features:

      - Easy to use. No training necessary.
      - Several Hot Keys provide access to the most common features of the
      Magnifier.
      - Auto zoom
      - Different areas of display can be zoomed
      - Mobile Magnifier can be configured to start automatically when the
      phone is switched on.
      - 30 day trial version available

      This new product works with series 60 phones: Nokia 3620, 3650, 3660,
      6600, 6620, 7610, 7650, N Gage, N Gage QD and Siemens SX1.

      Mobile Magnifier can also be installed as a plug-in of the world wide
      available application Mobile Speak, thus providing speech output and
      screen magnification at the same time.

      Mobile Magnifier is language independent. Mobile Speak is currently
      available in the following languages: English, French, Spanish, German,
      Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Icelandic, Danish, Finnish, Turkish,
      Polish, Arabic, Chinese, Portuguese, Czech. Available soon: Russian and
      several other languages.

      If you would like to get more information or be a dealer of Mobile
      Magnifier please contact us:

      Code Factory, S.L.
      Rambla d'Egara 148 2-2
      08221 Terrassa/Barcelona
      Spain, Tel. +34 93 733 70 66
      www.codfact.com
      sales@...
    • Mel Poluck
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 7, 2004
        Hi all

        I wonder if any of you or your friends and colleagues have tried the new
        magnifier for mobile phones from Code Factory?

        I am writing a story on this for E-Access Bulletin and would like to know
        more about it than what's on the press release and would love to hear some
        user feedback. Do you know anyone, for example, involved in user testing?

        Do you think it really is the first of its kind?

        Look forward to hearing from you.

        All the best,
        Mel Poluck
        E-Access Bulletin (http://www.headstar.com/eab)