unsubscribeRe: [magnifiers] CCTV's

  • Ann Wtoddard
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2004
      From: "Ed Aziz" <not2old2learnmore@...>
      To: <magnifiers@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 3:48 PM
      Subject: Re: [magnifiers] CCTV's

      > Hi Jim
      >
      > I very much like the way the program sizes the fonts intead of enlarging
      them, much cleaner. The price is great.

      > The problems I find are the text in the window is enlarged but the menu
      and controls are unreadable to me without my magnifier on.

      > I am using dual monitors with the secondary screen as the magnifier window
      X5 and I like to use Arial font sized to 14 pts which gives me about 72 pts
      magnified which is very readable to my bad eyes.

      > Thank you very much.
      >
      > Ed Aziz
      >

      > Jim Zweifel <jim@...> wrote:Ed
      >
      > You really should try Web Eyes. Many with Macular Degeneration have found
      it very helpful to read on the Web. The software is cheap, $25, and easy to
      use. It allows you to easily increase the text size on any Web site so you
      can read it. It is not a magnifier, so it is different from anything you
      have tried. You can try a 15 day--Free Trial at www.webeyes.us
      > If you try it, let me know. I would like to know what you think.
      >
      > Jim Z

      setup I am using far surpasses any cctv I have seen. I put together a 2gig
      computer with an ATI All In Wonder video card with dual monitor functio0n
      and 2 17" monitors. The program is on the screen on my left and the screen
      in front I use as my magnifier X5 window. Usoing this setup enables me to
      have the complete ap I am working on, on the screen to my left without the
      magnifier covering part of it. Works fantastic. My cctv has been in a
      storeroom gathering dust since I got this computer running.
      > In getting my tax figures together I used a tiny pinhole camera on a
      swival arm and used that as cctv to go thru my checks. Much easier then my
      cctv.
      > I am using the Windows XP Magnifier program that does a good job but is
      missing some features that would make it much better. I am in the process
      of writing a magnifier program that will have the features that will improve
      this already great machine.