Magic and XP SP2

  • Loy
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 14, 2004
      Does anyone know if Magic will work with XP SP2? I just installed SP2 and now when I try to start Magic I get a blue screen, saying that windows has encountered a problem and is shutting down. Then when I restart the computer I get the error report to send to Microsoft and they say the problem is caused by a device driver. I wonder if I uninstall Magic and reinstall it if that would fix the problem.

      Psalms 124:8 Our help is in the name of the
      LORD, who made heaven and earth.

    • Kathy Seven Williams
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 14, 2004
        Heard a program about XP SP2 this morning. coments included the information
        that there is a firewall that doesn't do the job so additional firewall
        software is still needed. Also that some changes in Internet Explorer are
        included. They said this is a 300 MB download and if preferred they will
        send it out on CD free of charge in a week or two. It seems to work for some
        and not for others with great regularity. I haven't heard anything that
        indicates a big rush to install so am personally waiting awhile.
      • Justin R
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 15, 2004
          The only thing you can do Loy is try anything you can think of. Give
          unistall and reinstall of Magic a go.

          I don't know what to do myself. I have Zoomtext 8.04 and the latest version
          mostly supports SP2 but, has minor difficulties with it. AISquared will
          easily sort the problem with a new update coming. HOwever, I'm on the old
          version still and I don't know if i dare install sp2. plus I don't have a
          lot of space on my hard drive either!

          Justin