Somone trying to unsubscribe me- why?

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2004
      Group,

      I just got the email bellow from Yahoo Groups as if I'd sent an
      email to magnifiers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com (requesting to
      unsubscribe) but I did NOT send such an email. Has this happened to
      anyone else? Someone is spoofing my address and trying to unsubscribe me
      from the list without my consent....

      On 30 Jul 2004 18:14:05 -0000, Yahoo! Groups Notification <<snip of the
      confirmation address>> wrote:

      >Hello,
      >
      >We have received a request from you to unsubscribe from the
      >magnifiers group. Please confirm your request by
      >replying to this message. If you do not wish to unsubscribe from
      >magnifiers, please ignore this message.
      >
      >Regards,
      >
      >Yahoo! Groups Customer Care

      -Paul.
    • Leslie P Peterson
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 30, 2004
        I do not know what cause. Blind-Dev Groups email me again and again but
        I did not do anything. I have to delete or ignored it. It is still coming
        to me about 2 times per week for the weeks. I have no idea if it is from
        my PC or Yahoo Groups has the problem. It looks like cycling.

        Leslie--
        On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 13:18:32 -0500 Paul <pauls@...> writes:
        > Group,
        >
        > I just got the email bellow from Yahoo Groups as if I'd sent
        > an
        > email to magnifiers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com (requesting to
        > unsubscribe) but I did NOT send such an email. Has this happened to
        > anyone else? Someone is spoofing my address and trying to
        > unsubscribe me
        > from the list without my consent....
        >
        > On 30 Jul 2004 18:14:05 -0000, Yahoo! Groups Notification <<snip of
        > the
        > confirmation address>> wrote:
        >

        > >Hello,
        > >
        > >We have received a request from you to unsubscribe from the
        > >magnifiers group. Please confirm your request by
        > >replying to this message. If you do not wish to unsubscribe from
        > >magnifiers, please ignore this message.
        > >
        > >Regards,
        > >
        > >Yahoo! Groups Customer Care
        > >
        > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        >

        > -Paul.

        > --------------------~-->
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8vOslB/TM

      • Justin R
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 30, 2004
          funny you should say that Paul. When i was changing my membership details
          to switch to no e-mail, as i was going on Holiday at that time. no sooner
          had I done that, I got the same unsubscribe e-mail you're referring to.

          tthought it was a bit odd as I set my profile to "no mail" not asked to
          leave the group! well, as yahoo's e-mail says not to respond if you don't
          wanna leave, I just left it and here I am still <smile>.

          however, it's annoying and strange. don't do a thing though Paul. Just
          delete it, you can't leave the group unless you respond to it.

          Justin
          > I just got the email bellow from Yahoo Groups as if I'd sent an
          > email to magnifiers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com (requesting to
          > unsubscribe) but I did NOT send such an email. Has this happened to
          > anyone else? Someone is spoofing my address and trying to unsubscribe me
          > from the list without my consent....
          >
          > On 30 Jul 2004 18:14:05 -0000, Yahoo! Groups Notification <<snip of the
          > confirmation address>> wrote:
          >

          > >Hello,
          > >
          > >We have received a request from you to unsubscribe from the
          > >magnifiers group. Please confirm your request by
          > >replying to this message. If you do not wish to unsubscribe from
          > >magnifiers, please ignore this message.
          > >
          > >Regards,
          > >
          > >Yahoo! Groups Customer Care

          > -Paul.

        • Paul
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 30, 2004
            Justin and everyone,

            Okay good- I'm (kind of) glad I'm not the only one having this
            problem. I couldn't imagine why someone would purposly try to get me
            unsubscribed from the list! :)

            On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:48:12 +0100, "Justin R" <mypc128@...>
            wrote:

            >funny you should say that Paul. When i was changing my membership details
            >to switch to no e-mail, as i was going on Holiday at that time. no sooner
            >had I done that, I got the same unsubscribe e-mail you're referring to.
            >
            >tthought it was a bit odd as I set my profile to "no mail" not asked to
            >leave the group! well, as yahoo's e-mail says not to respond if you don't
            >wanna leave, I just left it and here I am still <smile>.
            >
            >however, it's annoying and strange. don't do a thing though Paul. Just
            >delete it, you can't leave the group unless you respond to it.
            >
            >Justin

            -Paul.