Re: [magnifiers] Alternative for the mouse?

  • Manuel Costa
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 27, 2000
      Hello Peter:

      As far as Iknow the only screen magnifier that supports also
      voice and Braille is Supernova from Dolphin (UK).

      Regards

      Manuel Costa

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 28, 2000
        Hi Manuel,

        There are more combinations like Jaws and Magic from Henter-Joyce.
        WinVision and Magnum from Artic technology and some people use ZoomText
        with Jaws.
        But the problem is there are no good evaluations report on these combinations.
        Most ZoomText and Jaws users I spoke with report a lot of crashes. It is
        indeed true that most SuperNova users are very positive about the product.

        Regards Peter Verhoeven

      • MsLorettaE@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 29, 2000
          Re: painful shoulders

          Have you thought of replacing your regular mouse with either a trackball or a
          touch sensitive screen mouse?

          Loretta Ellingsworth
        • Patricia Ahern
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 13, 2000
            Hi Peter,
            I too have an aching arm and shoulder. I have found that a trackball provides
            great relief. I also find that the one drawback to Zoomtext is that it will
            not scroll continuously. The alt+arrow route is intensive. Moving around with
            a trackball is less taxing. Also using DocReader for anything of any length
            helps. Good luck. Pat Ahern