ZoomText and webcams

  • ghnewport
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 23, 2004
      I'm helping my father-in-law set-up a webcam so that we can visually
      communicate with him through the MSN or Yahoo messenger programs. It
      appears that Zoomtext might be interfering with the camera so that
      he is not able to transmit any images - although he can see us when
      we have our cam on.

      I'm trying to find a solution by searching online and have been
      seeing complaints that Zoomtext has had problems as it relates to
      video drivers, media players, etc. But I have not seen anything
      about Zoomtext causing problems with webcams. Has anyone heard of
      this problem and is there a patch, fix or some other work-around
      available?

      We would really like to be able to see him - if for no other reason
      than to see how healthy he is. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    • Kathy Seven Williams
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2 9:35 AM
        I haven't tried theconfiguration you speakk of, but have you tried shutting
        off zoomtext just to see if the system works fine without its involvement?
        I would start by having a working setup without zoomtext then ssee what
        happens when you add it. If it works without, you can at least sneak a peek
        before you invoke the larger text for chatting.