Re: ZT 8.0 and 8.1 demo on same PC

  • Brian Smither
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2004
      "Justin R" wrote:
      > I just wondered about putting ZT 8.1 Demo on my pc that has currently
      > ZT 8.04 on it. Do I disable 8.04 completely before I set up the demo of 8.1?

      On a machine that has ZT 7 currently installed:
      I had thought I would have to disable (not necessarily remove) ZT 7 before installing ZT 8.1 Demo. Apparently, the ZT 8.1 Demo and ZT 7 coexist nicely. I had also thought that I would have to turn off ZT 7 before starting ZT 8. Again, apparently when starting (launching) ZT 8.1 Demo, ZT 7 gets shutdown automatically by ZT 8.1 Demo when ZT 8.1 is starting. Lastly, it also appears that when terminating ZT 8.1 Demo (stopping the program), it does *not* re-launch ZT 7.
    • Justin R
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2004
        HI, thanks for your reply. that's makes it a little clearer. I've never
        tried out a ZT demo while using a current version on ZT on the same PC.
        I've only used demos when I've not had a full copy of ZT on the PC. hence
        my enquiry. thanks.

        Justin