Microsoft Office Update

  • Leslie P Peterson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2004
      Finally, I remember to ask you. It kept me forget all times.

      I have the problem with Microsoft Office Update. When I launched it but
      it appears TOO LARGE print on the display. I have no way to adjust it to
      small. I gave up so often. Today I worked harder than usually, but no
      luck. I checked "ACCEPT" on, but I can not find YES or NEXT button. So I
      gave up again.

      Do you have the same problem?

      My computer is Gateway 300x, Windows XP home edition, Zoomtext 8.4, IE 6.

      NOTE: I launded Windows Update. Perfect, but not Window Office Update.

      Leslie--
    • Kathy Seven Williams
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2004
        The update screen is one made up of several Frames. Your needed updates are
        down in the lower two thirds of the non-magnified screen, so to get to them
        you've got to get the cursor into that portion of the screen, then navigate
        from there. You will need to both move the magnified portion of the screen
        around and use the screen scroll bar to go between update descriptions to
        remove those you don't want to have installed. When you've done this, go
        back up to the upper third of the screen to the INSTALL NOW button and click
        on it. (This might be easiest to do by reducing your magnification to 1X,
        then just click on the big rectangle just above center on the screen.

        OK now you'll get the smaller window for the license agreement. You've gotta
        click on AGREE with the mouse, tabbing and hitting ENTER there didn't work
        at least on my computer.

        Now it ought to be taking off downloading and installing everything you
        selected. If you chose to update anything that must be done alone, that will
        be done, then you'll have to go back and do it again for the other updates.
        Good luck!
      • Leslie P Peterson
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2004
          Kathy,

          Sorry, I did not understand you. I failed again.

          Leslie--
          On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 14:36:31 -0800 "Kathy Seven Williams"
          <kseven@...> writes:
          > The update screen is one made up of several Frames. Your needed
          > updates are
          > down in the lower two thirds of the non-magnified screen, so to get
          > to them
          > you've got to get the cursor into that portion of the screen, then
          > navigate
          > from there. You will need to both move the magnified portion of the
          > screen
          > around and use the screen scroll bar to go between update
          > descriptions to
          > remove those you don't want to have installed. When you've done
          > this, go
          > back up to the upper third of the screen to the INSTALL NOW button
          > and click
          > on it. (This might be easiest to do by reducing your magnification
          > to 1X,
          > then just click on the big rectangle just above center on the
          > screen.
          >
          > OK now you'll get the smaller window for the license agreement.
          > You've gotta
          > click on AGREE with the mouse, tabbing and hitting ENTER there
          > didn't work
          > at least on my computer.
          >
          > Now it ought to be taking off downloading and installing everything
          > you
          > selected. If you chose to update anything that must be done alone,
          > that will
          > be done, then you'll have to go back and do it again for the other
          > updates.
          > Good luck!

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Leslie P Peterson
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 4, 2004
            Kathy,

            It looks like Windows Office is updated.

            Only Windows Office Websit appears double zoom than Zoomtext. I can not
            find a way to turn it to normal. I do not know why it is too large print
            on the display. All others are fine. Just one Office is different.

            When Zoomtext told me that I need update the Office update for Windows
            XP. I clicked on the link. Same the problem I type
            http://www.microsoft.com/office.

            I also sent the message to Zoomtext technical support. I will wait to
            hear from them tomorrow. Otherwise, I will call them and Microsoft.

            Leslie--
          • Kathy Seven Williams
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 4, 2004
              I'm sorry, b ut I don't use XP and cannot replicate your problem. I hope you
              can work it out.