JORDY

  • fudgemutt
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
      Does anyone have firsty hand experience with Jordy?I know itis
      expensive. Thanks John S. {
      john@... ]
    • Tony Heath
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2003
        Yes, I do. We are the distributors of the Enhanced Vision line of products in the state of PA. The JORDY retails for $2,795.00 without the stand and $3,095.00 with the stand included. Let me know if I can answer any more questions for you.

        ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~--> Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/8vOslB/TM

      • cbblob@cs.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2003
          Hi: I have a Jordy. What kind of questions do you have? Catherine

        • Kathy Seven Williams
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2003
            I've used the Jordy several times at shows and meetings. Personally I find
            it to be a very high price to pay for a hands-free monocular. I really liked
            the idea, but, for me, it was very awkward and unbalanced on my head. I did
            like the fact that I could use it with my dark glasses, but the mix was not
            very secure hence doing away with the hands free feature as I held and
            secured it with one hand much of the time.

            It was nice to be able to see
            people clear across the room, but I found, for myself, that a real need for
            that ability wasn't there. I think I'd have really liked it when I had kids
            I was trying to keep track of although I did manage to get them both raised
            with just the help of my monocular, so maybe not even then.

            I keep trying it
            at every opportunity because I guess I'm hoping for more, but I'm always
            disappointed, and move on to the next gadget. As one of the early developers
            of CCTV's, I really believe in camera
            technology adapted for those with low vision. The Jordy just doesn't make it
            for me personally. Give it a try and put it through its paces in your world
            though. It might be just what you're looking for.