Re: [magnifiers] ZT and dual displays

  • Manuel Costa Romero de Tejada
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 14 1:11 PM
      Hi Amy

      I am not using Zoomtext but Supernova; however I have a TV set connected to
      a Matrox video card and I can magnify the primary monitor without affecting
      the image displayed by the TV. Then, I think that what you are trying to do
      is possible because the two displays are independent.

      Best regards
      Manuel Costa

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 15 2:14 AM
        You could try this.....

        Windows 98 has support for dual monitors. You can split the desktop so it appears half on one monitor and half on another. Your Graphics card will need to support this though. I've done it with my home PC sending a signal out of the TV out. You may be able to do this from your laptop. Usually to
        activate dual monitor support it's in the 'Advanced' part of the display properties settings of Windows.

        Powerpoint can support two monitors. Check the Help section - In there it says :

        'Set up a slide show to run on a second monitor
        Important You must be running the Microsoft Windows 98 operating system or Microsoft Windows 2000 operating system and have dual-monitor hardware in order to use this procedure.

        Use this procedure to run a slide show on the full screen of a secondary monitor while you view the presentation in normal view on the primary monitor. This lets you see your outline and notes along with the slides, while your audience sees only the slides.

        On the Slide Show menu, click Set Up Show.
        In the Show on list, click the monitor you want the slide show to appear on.'

        You may need to fiddle with Zoomtext's settings so it is docked to a portion of the screen equivalent to the desktop space showing on one screen, else the presentation will also get manigificed, but in theory this is all possible. Good luck and if you get it going let me know.

        Regards

        Russell Harding
        Kensington Recruitment
        Employment Worker

        2 Beatrice Place
        London
        W8 5LP
        Telephone : 02079371611
        Fax : 02079377721
        E-Mail : Russell.Harding@... <mailto:Russell.Harding@...>

        This e-mail may contain information which is confidential, legally privileged and/or copyright. This e-mail is intended for the addressee only. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.

        Hi all - In my work, I have to give frequent presentations, and these days
        it's all done with powerpoint. Problem is, I can't see the projected images
        very well. What would be ideal would be to be able to sit in front of my
        laptop with the powerpoint presentation on the screen and ZT in effect, but
        without ZT in effect in the projected view. Anyone figured out if this is
        possible? Currently, the projected image is just exactly what is displayed
        on the laptop screen (via the video out port). Thanks.

        Amy

        The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea

        This e-mail may contain information which is confidential, legally privileged and/or copyright protected. This e-mail is intended for the addressee only. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.
      • Ben Weiss
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 15 4:59 AM
          Amy:

          This is really a function of your laptop - whatever is displayed on your
          laptop screen is usually output through the VGA connector too. The only
          way to do what you want is to use a desktop with a dual VGA card. We
          hope to support multi-monitor output in ZoomText by mid 2004. With this
          feature, you'd be able to get magnification on one monitor and see the
          unmagnified image on the other.

          Ben

          Hi all - In my work, I have to give frequent presentations, and these
          days
          it's all done with powerpoint. Problem is, I can't see the projected
          images
          very well. What would be ideal would be to be able to sit in front of my

          laptop with the powerpoint presentation on the screen and ZT in effect,
          but
          without ZT in effect in the projected view. Anyone figured out if this
          is
          possible? Currently, the projected image is just exactly what is
          displayed
          on the laptop screen (via the video out port). Thanks.

          Amy

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          click here
          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3887155.5125412.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1706