Invitation to nominate an accessible UK website
- The UK's National Library for the Blind (NLB) will be staging the 2nd
Visionary Design Awards ceremony in London on 2nd December 2003. The
Awards celebrate best practice in accessible web design for visually
NLB is calling for nominations of websites which demonstrate best
practice for an Award. Anyone can nominate a website, include the
owner and designer of the site as well as site users. You can
nominate as many sites as you want, provided the content of the site
written for a UK based audience.
Prizes will be awarded to the website owners in the following
* News/Information: i.e. media outlets or information services like
train timetables etc.
* Youth: Websites designed for children or teenagers
* Government: national, devolved or local government
* Voluntary Sector: not for profit organisations
* Commercial Sector: Any commercial business offering services over a
The achievement of the designers of each site will also be recognised.
Details of last year's winners are on-line at
Please include in your nomination the name of the organisation or a
contact name, the website address and any comments you have about the
site to support the nomination.
All nominations must be received by 4pm on Friday 10 October 2003.
Nominations can be sent by email to visionary-design-
nominations@..., by phoning +44 161 355 2000 or by writing
(print, Braille or audio) to NLB, Far Cromwell Road, Bredbury,
Stockport, SK6 2SG United Kingdom.
National Library for the Blind
Far Cromwell Road, Bredbury, Stockport, SK6 2SG UK
+44 161 355 2000