RE: [magnifiers] Java Support for Dolphin??

  • Steve Bennett
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2003
      Hi Ram

      I do hope you don't mind the manufacturer responding to your posting about Java. It is possible to use the DirectDraw line of code in Dolphin magnification products but this feature is turned off by default. If you would like to know how to switch this feature on please let me know and I will forward the details directly.

      Like all access companies we have a continual development cycle which looks at Java and many other aspects, we would welcome input from anybody on new features and in particular details of where these would be used.

      Many thanks

      Steve Bennett
      Dolphin Computer Access

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2003
        Hi Ram,

        I am a user of ZoomText and I have been using Java
        also for a while. From what I know is that JAWS and
        ZoomText currently are the only asistive programs on
        the market that support Java. For support you need, a
        screen reader or screen magnifier, a Java application
        and the Java Access Bridge. The Java Access Bridge
        links the Java Virtual Machine with the assistive
        program, so it can read output from a Java
        application. Perhaps you already knew this, otherwhise
        you should know this if you want to use a Java
        application. You wrote that the application was
        written in Swing. That means that it can be
        accessible. You could try the Java application with a
        trial version of ZoomText 8. After installing ZoomText
        8, install the lates version of the Java Runtime
        Environment and than the latest version of the Java
        Access Bridge. You can download the newest beta 1.0.4
        beta 2 of the Java Access Bridge. You'll therefore
        need to be a member of the Java Developer Connection
        (free), so that shouldn't be a problem. Good luck with
        the testing.

        I don't know if the current Dolphin products support
        the Java Access Bridge. From my knowledge not (yet).
        Lets hope that they will in the future.

        greetings,

        Kees

        --- Steve Bennett <steve.bennett@...>
        wrote: > Hi Ram

        > I do hope you don't mind the manufacturer responding
        > to your posting about Java. It is possible to use
        > the DirectDraw line of code in Dolphin magnification
        > products but this feature is turned off by default.
        > If you would like to know how to switch this feature
        > on please let me know and I will forward the details
        > directly.
        >
        > Like all access companies we have a continual
        > development cycle which looks at Java and many other
        > aspects, we would welcome input from anybody on new
        > features and in particular details of where these
        > would be used.
        >
        > Many thanks
        >
        > Steve Bennett
        > Dolphin Computer Access

      • Ram
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2003
          I discussed your comments with My Technical Lead.
          We are so thankful for your efforts in replying back to the mail

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor