Java Support for Dolphin??

  • Sridhar
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 27, 2003
      We are willing to use Dolphin in our Present Project.
      I would like to know if Dolphin SuperNova supports Java
      as major part of our project is Java Swing.
      Any other suggestion is also appreciated

      Thanks & Regards,
      Ram
    • Steve Bennett
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2003
        Hi Ram

        I do hope you don't mind the manufacturer responding to your posting about Java. It is possible to use the DirectDraw line of code in Dolphin magnification products but this feature is turned off by default. If you would like to know how to switch this feature on please let me know and I will forward the details directly.

        Like all access companies we have a continual development cycle which looks at Java and many other aspects, we would welcome input from anybody on new features and in particular details of where these would be used.

        Many thanks

        Steve Bennett
        Dolphin Computer Access

        We are willing to use Dolphin in our Present Project.
        I would like to know if Dolphin SuperNova supports Java
        as major part of our project is Java Swing.
        Any other suggestion is also appreciated

        Thanks & Regards,
        Ram

        IMPORTANT INFORMATION

        This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please delete it from your system, do not use or disclose the information in any way and notify postmaster@.... Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and do not necessarily coincide with those of Dolphin Computer Access Ltd.
      • C.L.M. Toxopeus
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2003
          Hi Ram,

          I am a user of ZoomText and I have been using Java
          also for a while. From what I know is that JAWS and
          ZoomText currently are the only asistive programs on
          the market that support Java. For support you need, a
          screen reader or screen magnifier, a Java application
          and the Java Access Bridge. The Java Access Bridge
          links the Java Virtual Machine with the assistive
          program, so it can read output from a Java
          application. Perhaps you already knew this, otherwhise
          you should know this if you want to use a Java
          application. You wrote that the application was
          written in Swing. That means that it can be
          accessible. You could try the Java application with a
          trial version of ZoomText 8. After installing ZoomText
          8, install the lates version of the Java Runtime
          Environment and than the latest version of the Java
          Access Bridge. You can download the newest beta 1.0.4
          beta 2 of the Java Access Bridge. You'll therefore
          need to be a member of the Java Developer Connection
          (free), so that shouldn't be a problem. Good luck with
          the testing.

          I don't know if the current Dolphin products support
          the Java Access Bridge. From my knowledge not (yet).
          Lets hope that they will in the future.

          greetings,

          Kees

          --- Steve Bennett <steve.bennett@...>
          wrote: > Hi Ram

          > I do hope you don't mind the manufacturer responding
          > to your posting about Java. It is possible to use
          > the DirectDraw line of code in Dolphin magnification
          > products but this feature is turned off by default.
          > If you would like to know how to switch this feature
          > on please let me know and I will forward the details
          > directly.
          >
          > Like all access companies we have a continual
          > development cycle which looks at Java and many other
          > aspects, we would welcome input from anybody on new
          > features and in particular details of where these
          > would be used.
          >
          > Many thanks
          >
          > Steve Bennett
          > Dolphin Computer Access

        • Ram
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2003
            I discussed your comments with My Technical Lead.
            We are so thankful for your efforts in replying back to the mail

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor