Re: [magnifiers] ZoomText and Cursor tracking.

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 30, 2003
      Hi Stuart,

      Try caret detect feature. I thought it was ALT + CTRL + SHIFT D or E,
      but you can find the hotkey combination in the list of hotkeys.

      Regards Peter Verhoeven

      Stuart M Powell wrote:

      > I have just changed my laptop and have installed ZoomText v7. Everything
      > seems to be fine other than cursor tracking in Lotus applications such as
      > WordPro and in the 3270 terminal emulator IBM Personal Communications.
      > I'm sure I've come across this one before but can't remember how to solve
      > it.
      >
      > Any assistance would be very much appreciated.
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > Stuart Powell.

    • Stuart M Powell
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 30, 2003
        Thanks for that Peter. Another quick question for you. I am currently
        running v7 but am about to upgrade to v8. I normally use Windows 2000 but
        I may have to install ZT on another machine running NT4. Do you know if
        there are likely to be any problems with ZT V7 or V8 under NT4 ?

        Regards

        Stuart Powell.
        OAT Test Manager (SM Test Group)
        IBM Global Services (AMS IDO),

        stuart.powell@.... GBIB1AJD.
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 30, 2003
          Hi Stuart,

          As far as I know ZT8 does not support NT.
          In the past we tried to install V7 on Windows 2000 here, but
          because of screen corruption we installed Supernova from Dolphin.
          Now I use Supernova 4.5 (magnification and braille) on Windows 2000
          professional and I had zero crashes last year.

          Regards Peter Verhoeven

          Stuart M Powell wrote:

          > Thanks for that Peter. Another quick question for you. I am currently
          > running v7 but am about to upgrade to v8. I normally use Windows 2000 but
          > I may have to install ZT on another machine running NT4. Do you know if
          > there are likely to be any problems with ZT V7 or V8 under NT4 ?
          >
          > Regards
          >
          > Stuart Powell.
          > OAT Test Manager (SM Test Group)
          > IBM Global Services (AMS IDO),
          >
          > stuart.powell@.... GBIB1AJD.

        • Ben Weiss
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 30, 2003
            Michael:

            You are correct - ZoomText 8.0 does not currently support NT4. We are
            examining the possibility of supporting NT in a future maintenance
            release and we should have a firm decision by the end of September.

            Ben Weiss
            President, Ai Squared

            From: Peter Verhoeven <pav@...>
            To: magnifiers@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:28:44 +0200

            (8.12.8p1/8.12.8) with ESMTP id h6UASkl2020155for
            <magnifiers@yahoogroups.com>; Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:28:46 +0200 (MEST)
            ahoo.com

            Stuart M Powell wrote:

            > Thanks for that Peter. Another quick question for you. I am
            currently
            > running v7 but am about to upgrade to v8. I normally use Windows 2000

            but
            > I may have to install ZT on another machine running NT4. Do you know
            if
            > there are likely to be any problems with ZT V7 or V8 under NT4 ?
            >
            > Regards
            >
            > Stuart Powell.
            > OAT Test Manager (SM Test Group)
            > IBM Global Services (AMS IDO),