ZoomText and Cursor tracking.

  • Stuart M Powell
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 30 1:17 AM
      I have just changed my laptop and have installed ZoomText v7. Everything
      seems to be fine other than cursor tracking in Lotus applications such as
      WordPro and in the 3270 terminal emulator IBM Personal Communications.
      I'm sure I've come across this one before but can't remember how to solve
      it.

      Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

      Regards

      Stuart Powell.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 30 1:25 AM
        Hi Stuart,

        Try caret detect feature. I thought it was ALT + CTRL + SHIFT D or E,
        but you can find the hotkey combination in the list of hotkeys.

        Regards Peter Verhoeven

        Stuart M Powell wrote:

        > I have just changed my laptop and have installed ZoomText v7. Everything
        > seems to be fine other than cursor tracking in Lotus applications such as
        > WordPro and in the 3270 terminal emulator IBM Personal Communications.
        > I'm sure I've come across this one before but can't remember how to solve
        > it.
        >
        > Any assistance would be very much appreciated.
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Stuart Powell.

      • Stuart M Powell
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 30 3:01 AM
          Thanks for that Peter. Another quick question for you. I am currently
          running v7 but am about to upgrade to v8. I normally use Windows 2000 but
          I may have to install ZT on another machine running NT4. Do you know if
          there are likely to be any problems with ZT V7 or V8 under NT4 ?

          Regards

          Stuart Powell.
          OAT Test Manager (SM Test Group)
          IBM Global Services (AMS IDO),

          stuart.powell@.... GBIB1AJD.
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 30 3:28 AM
            Hi Stuart,

            As far as I know ZT8 does not support NT.
            In the past we tried to install V7 on Windows 2000 here, but
            because of screen corruption we installed Supernova from Dolphin.
            Now I use Supernova 4.5 (magnification and braille) on Windows 2000
            professional and I had zero crashes last year.

            Regards Peter Verhoeven

            Stuart M Powell wrote:

            > Thanks for that Peter. Another quick question for you. I am currently
            > running v7 but am about to upgrade to v8. I normally use Windows 2000 but
            > I may have to install ZT on another machine running NT4. Do you know if
            > there are likely to be any problems with ZT V7 or V8 under NT4 ?
            >
            > Regards
            >
            > Stuart Powell.
            > OAT Test Manager (SM Test Group)
            > IBM Global Services (AMS IDO),
            >
            > stuart.powell@.... GBIB1AJD.

          • Ben Weiss
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 30 5:59 AM
              Michael:

              You are correct - ZoomText 8.0 does not currently support NT4. We are
              examining the possibility of supporting NT in a future maintenance
              release and we should have a firm decision by the end of September.

              Ben Weiss
              President, Ai Squared

              From: Peter Verhoeven <pav@...>
              To: magnifiers@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:28:44 +0200

              (8.12.8p1/8.12.8) with ESMTP id h6UASkl2020155for
              <magnifiers@yahoogroups.com>; Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:28:46 +0200 (MEST)
              ahoo.com

              Stuart M Powell wrote:

              > Thanks for that Peter. Another quick question for you. I am
              currently
              > running v7 but am about to upgrade to v8. I normally use Windows 2000

              but
              > I may have to install ZT on another machine running NT4. Do you know
              if
              > there are likely to be any problems with ZT V7 or V8 under NT4 ?
              >
              > Regards
              >
              > Stuart Powell.
              > OAT Test Manager (SM Test Group)
              > IBM Global Services (AMS IDO),