Hardware Incompatibility List (TM)

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 17, 2003
      Hi,

      Last week I noticed a couple of messages on the list about video cards
      that ZoomText couldn't handle. The strange thing is that I have never
      seen a lookup table of tested video cards on the web site of Ai Squared
      and Dolphin. So, when you buy a video card you basically never know
      whether it will work with your magnifier. But are there still many
      magnifier-unfriendly video cards on the market?

      "Windows Certified" drivers were also mentioned as a guideline for
      buying the right card. Is a card which is equipped with such a driver
      also a guarantee that your magnifier can handle it?

      For the record: I've had a lot of video cards and ZoomText loved them
      all. Am I lucky or is this the normal way? ;-)

      Regards,
      Bas

      --
      Bas Cancrinus -> bas@...
      Software Architect
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 20, 2003
        Hi Bas,

        If you are lucky. I am lucky too, because I have never
        had any problems with ZoomText and Videocards.

        greetings,

        Kees

        --- Bas Cancrinus <bas@...> wrote: > Hi,

        > Last week I noticed a couple of messages on the list
        > about video cards
        > that ZoomText couldn't handle. The strange thing is
        > that I have never
        > seen a lookup table of tested video cards on the web
        > site of Ai Squared
        > and Dolphin. So, when you buy a video card you
        > basically never know
        > whether it will work with your magnifier. But are
        > there still many
        > magnifier-unfriendly video cards on the market?
        >
        > "Windows Certified" drivers were also mentioned as a
        > guideline for
        > buying the right card. Is a card which is equipped
        > with such a driver
        > also a guarantee that your magnifier can handle it?
        >
        > For the record: I've had a lot of video cards and
        > ZoomText loved them
        > all. Am I lucky or is this the normal way? ;-)
        >
        > Regards,
        > Bas
        >
        > --
        > Bas Cancrinus -> bas@...
        > Software Architect
        > Cipherware Ltd. -> http://www.cipherware.com

        > magnifiers@...

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Frank Siedlaczek
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 20, 2003
          Bas Cancrinus wrote:

          >seen a lookup table of tested video cards on the web site of Ai Squared

          I think, the point why there is no such table on any web page is, that
          they don't want to be held responsible for any faults that still might
          occur. The knowledge base of AI**2 contains quite ... well ... carefully
          selected information. Real bug lists or workarounds cannot often be
          found. AI**2 must have hundreds of so to speak interesting customer
          support queries that could help other customers to solve or work around
          their problems... But this kind of support via "Customer X solved
          problem Y by doing Z" is very limited. I regret this very much.

          Hopefully this will be changed some day.

          BTW: Is there a feature in ZT by now that can automaticlly load a
          specified ZT-configuration upon activating a specified window? Example:
          ZT would switch color to inverted display in word97 and when I hit
          Alt-Tab to go to PhotoShop it would turn off inversion mode.
          I know I can do it by hand by hitting special hotkeys. But why??? The
          program could very easily doo it for me automatically by investigating
          the window title and by comparing that to a wildcard string thats
          associated with one configurations. I once suggested that feature to
          AI**2 cause I really could make a lot of use from it, but never heard
          anything about it.

          Regards
          Frank