Re: [magnifiers] ZoomText and Java

    Message 1 of 7 , May 21, 2003
      davidedds wrote:

      >Hi,
      >
      >Has anyone managed to get ZoomText (either 7.11 or 8.0) to work with
      >Java? I have installed the Java Access Bridge (version 1.0.3 and
      >version 1.0.4 beta) and had no luck with either.

      Please take a look at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/magnifiers/message/1904 and post your results.

      Good luck!
      Bas

      --
      Bas Cancrinus -> bas@...
      Software Architect
      Message 2 of 7 , May 21, 2003
        Jericho Consulting wrote:

        >In order for ZT to work with a Java App, the Java App must have been created
        >with tools that make it accessible. You aren't doing anything wrong, but
        >the programmer who made what you're trying to look at has done something
        >wrong, in my opinion, by ignoring accessibility. Blind users would have no
        >access whatsoever.
        >
        >GRRRRR

        Nonsense. The accessibility event system is built into the core of the
        J2SE platform. Those events are only touched by a programmer when
        GUI-objects act in a special way.

        Bas

        Message 3 of 7 , May 21, 2003
          Hi Bas,

          I never saw ZoomText 7.11 work well with any Java application.
          ZoomText 8 beta is doing much better on my computer. I only miss speech
          support.

          Regards Peter Verhoeven

          Message 4 of 7 , May 22, 2003
            Peter Verhoeven wrote:

            >Hi Bas,
            >
            >I never saw ZoomText 7.11 work well with any Java application.
            >ZoomText 8 beta is doing much better on my computer. I only miss speech
            >support.

            I participated in the beta tests of the Java Access Bridge 1.0.3 and I
            can assure you that it is fully tested against ZX 7.11. Please see my
            check list that is referenced in my previous message of this thread when
            your Java apps are not accessible.

            Kind regards,
            Bas

            Message 5 of 7 , May 22, 2003
              Hi Bas,

              If I type text in the Notepad sample Java application (included in the
              JDK) running ZoomText 7.11 on Windows 98se it doesn't track the input
              caret. If I run the same application on the same system with ZoomText 8
              beta 9 the input caret is tracked properly.

              Regards Peter Verhoeven