RE: [magnifiers] ZoomText and Java

  • Jericho Consulting
    Message 1 of 7 , May 21 1:56 PM
      In order for ZT to work with a Java App, the Java App must have been created
      with tools that make it accessible. You aren't doing anything wrong, but
      the programmer who made what you're trying to look at has done something
      wrong, in my opinion, by ignoring accessibility. Blind users would have no
      access whatsoever.

      GRRRRR

      Message 2 of 7 , May 21 6:00 PM
        davidedds wrote:

        >Hi,
        >
        >Has anyone managed to get ZoomText (either 7.11 or 8.0) to work with
        >Java? I have installed the Java Access Bridge (version 1.0.3 and
        >version 1.0.4 beta) and had no luck with either.

        Please take a look at
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/magnifiers/message/1904 and post your results.

        Good luck!
        Bas

        --
        Bas Cancrinus -> bas@...
        Software Architect
        Message 3 of 7 , May 21 6:08 PM
          Jericho Consulting wrote:

          >In order for ZT to work with a Java App, the Java App must have been created
          >with tools that make it accessible. You aren't doing anything wrong, but
          >the programmer who made what you're trying to look at has done something
          >wrong, in my opinion, by ignoring accessibility. Blind users would have no
          >access whatsoever.
          >
          >GRRRRR

          Nonsense. The accessibility event system is built into the core of the
          J2SE platform. Those events are only touched by a programmer when
          GUI-objects act in a special way.

          Bas

          Message 4 of 7 , May 21 10:53 PM
            Hi Bas,

            I never saw ZoomText 7.11 work well with any Java application.
            ZoomText 8 beta is doing much better on my computer. I only miss speech
            support.

            Regards Peter Verhoeven

            Message 5 of 7 , May 22 5:20 AM
              Peter Verhoeven wrote:

              >Hi Bas,
              >
              >I never saw ZoomText 7.11 work well with any Java application.
              >ZoomText 8 beta is doing much better on my computer. I only miss speech
              >support.

              I participated in the beta tests of the Java Access Bridge 1.0.3 and I
              can assure you that it is fully tested against ZX 7.11. Please see my
              check list that is referenced in my previous message of this thread when
              your Java apps are not accessible.

              Kind regards,
              Bas

              Message 6 of 7 , May 22 6:15 AM
                Hi Bas,

                If I type text in the Notepad sample Java application (included in the
                JDK) running ZoomText 7.11 on Windows 98se it doesn't track the input
                caret. If I run the same application on the same system with ZoomText 8
                beta 9 the input caret is tracked properly.

                Regards Peter Verhoeven