Re: [magnifiers] Zoomtext 8

  • cremsonsky@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , May 8 10:16 AM
      Well for the completely blind person, that person has no business using
      zoomtext, they should use JAWS. That's my opinion! ZoomText is for people
      that do have some usuable vision left. So they should definately get rid of
      that feature, or else a lot of people won't buy or upgrade to zoomtext 8.

      Tuliek Charles

    • Barbara McGinnis
      Message 2 of 7 , May 8 11:46 AM
        I think the best new feature in ZoomText 8 is the application reader. It works
        quite well with an individual with some usable vision. Until application
        reader in ZoomText 8, some individuals could not access the Internet because
        they could not handle the distortion and e-mail was a nightmare. So they
        purchased JAWS and ZoomText to be able to take advantage of both.

        Since I work with blind individuals as well as individuals with usable vision,
        I also think that it would be almost impossible for a complete blind person to
        use the software as a screen reader.

      • cremsonsky@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , May 9 11:02 AM
          Really? Well I never really noticed that problem. Because I use something on
          zoomtext 7.1 called color filter and edge smoothing. That will make the print
          easy to handle and read. Just a though.

          Tuliek Charles