How? Move Popup from below to top of the pointer?

  • Leslie P Peterson
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4, 2003
      It is diffeuclt for me to read the popup below or under the pointer
      because the message is out of the screen. I have no way to read it when I
      move the pointerer off the area.

      How could I move it to top of the pointer. Or how to freeze it as I could
      move zoome to read then ESC?

      Leslie--
    • Frank Siedlaczek
      Message 2 of 6 , May 4, 2003
        Leslie P Peterson wrote:

        >It is diffeuclt for me to read the popup below or under the pointer
        >because the message is out of the screen. I have no way to read it when I
        >move the pointerer off the area.
        >How could I move it to top of the pointer. Or how to freeze it as I could
        >move zoome to read then ESC?

        The only thing that really worked is, to make a snapshot of the screen
        and paste that into - say photoed (shipped with office 97).

        The first thing though is, that I try to position the toolbar icon as
        far left on the view port as possible. then I move the mouse onto it.
        The info label appears. If I am lucky, the label's text is not too wide
        that it would go over the right border of the view port.

        But the snapshot thing works... Tedious, if you want to read many labels...

        Regards
        Frank
        Message 3 of 6 , May 4, 2003
          Leslie P Peterson wrote:

          >It is diffeuclt for me to read the popup below or under the pointer
          >because the message is out of the screen. I have no way to read it when I
          >move the pointerer off the area.
          >
          >How could I move it to top of the pointer. Or how to freeze it as I could
          >move zoome to read then ESC?

          This is an inconvenience that I also experience since these "tooltips"
          were invented... As far as I know no current magnifier has a facility to
          show tooltips in a convenient way. However, I'd like to let you know my
          workaround for this issue in ZoomText 7.xx:

          1) Position you mouse pointer on the object from where the tooltip pops up.
          > The tooltip pops up.
          2) Leave your mouse as it is and hold the Alt key. While you hold the
          Alt key, press the arrow keys to move your magnifier around.
          > The tooltip is visible while the magnifier is moved over it.

          The only problem that remains are tooltips that only pop up for a few
          seconds and disappear immediately; I can't move the magnifier quick enough.

          Please let me know if this helps.

          With kind regards,
          Bas

          --
          Bas Cancrinus -> bas@...
          Software Architect
          Message 4 of 6 , May 4, 2003
            Bas,

            Yes, I do use Alt-arrow often, but not enough time.

            I still remember somewhere the feature that I can change from short time
            to long time for the popup but I can not remember where is it. I am not
            sure that I use the demo of the pointer software. It was a long time ago.
            I heard that Windows XP has one now. This is my new computer with
            Windows XP.

            Leslie--
            On Mon, 05 May 2003 03:06:41 +0200 Bas Cancrinus <bas@...>
            writes:
            > Leslie P Peterson wrote:
            >
            > >It is diffeuclt for me to read the popup below or under the
            > pointer
            > >because the message is out of the screen. I have no way to read it
            > when I
            > >move the pointerer off the area.
            > >
            > >How could I move it to top of the pointer. Or how to freeze it as I
            > could
            > >move zoome to read then ESC?
            > >

            > This is an inconvenience that I also experience since these
            > "tooltips"
            > were invented... As far as I know no current magnifier has a
            > facility to
            > show tooltips in a convenient way. However, I'd like to let you know
            > my
            > workaround for this issue in ZoomText 7.xx:
            >
            > 1) Position you mouse pointer on the object from where the tooltip
            > pops up.
            > > The tooltip pops up.
            > 2) Leave your mouse as it is and hold the Alt key. While you hold
            > the
            > Alt key, press the arrow keys to move your magnifier around.
            > > The tooltip is visible while the magnifier is moved over it.
            >
            > The only problem that remains are tooltips that only pop up for a
            > few
            > seconds and disappear immediately; I can't move the magnifier quick
            > enough.
            >
            > Please let me know if this helps.
            >
            > With kind regards,
            > Bas
            >
            > --
            > Bas Cancrinus -> bas@...
            > Software Architect
            > Cipherware Ltd. -> http://www.cipherware.com

            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Leslie P Peterson
            Message 5 of 6 , May 4, 2003
              Frank,

              I do not understand it. I hope you read Bas' post. That is what I mean.

              Leslie--

              Message 6 of 6 , May 5, 2003
                > Frank,
                >
                > I do not understand it. I hope you read Bas' post. That is what I mean.

                :-/ Okay...

                I intended to send you the alt-arrow-keys-tip, but I tried it when I wrote
                the reply and it didn't work in that special program I tested it with. The
                tooltip disappeared as soon as I pressed the alt-key. So I neglected that
                possibility. But as Bas posted the tip I tend to believe that I have successfully
                used that workaround in the past. Must have something to do with the special
                application whose tooltips one wants to read... Strange.

                Regards
                Frank

                --
                +++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more http://www.gmx.net +++
                Bitte l├Ącheln! Fotogalerie online mit GMX ohne eigene Homepage!