Question

  • borges.l@nisk.k12.ny.us
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 12, 2003
      Hey Nick danger,

      Have you everparachuted? Gardiner, NY ?
      I had a friend who used the same name. Just wondered if it might be you.

      Linda

      This message was sent using NCSNet Webmail.
      http://www.nisk.k12.ny.us/webmail.htm
    • nick danger
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 12, 2003
        Hey Linda,

        Nick Danger's my techie alias. As for parachuting it goes a little
        something like this. Nope, can't see squat, can't drive crap, and I'm way
        too chicken shit!
        Big Grins.

        Tony

        "God grant me the serenity to accept the
        things I cannot change,
        the courage to change the things I can,
        and the weaponry to make a difference."

        coda from Immortals Anonymous

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 13, 2003
          Hey Nick/Tony,
          Thanks for the come back.

          I teach parachuting and have have vision challenged student as well as deaf
          & dumb, I've even taught someone with a hydrolic leg. Don't ever let that
          stop you. As for the being scared...I am everytime I go up.
          Good talking with ya.

          Linda
        • Shawn Warren
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 13, 2003
            If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving.

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 13, 2003
              Hi Linda,

              Wow, that's awesome! I guess if you really want to do something, as one of
              my friends told me once, failure's not an option.

              Unfortunately, when it comes down to flying, my allergies give me the devil
              of a time at landing and I shouldn't do it.
              It sounds like i've made myself a new friend here, write me anytime. I'll
              tell you some of the madness of being me.

              Tony

              "God grant me the serenity to accept the
              things I cannot change,
              the courage to change the things I can,
              and the weaponry to make a difference."

              coda from Immortals Anonymous
              > I teach parachuting and have have vision challenged student as well as
              deaf
              > & dumb, I've even taught someone with a hydrolic leg. Don't ever let
              that
              > stop you. As for the being scared...I am everytime I go up.
              > Good talking with ya.
              >
              > Linda

            • Linda Borges
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 14, 2003
                Hey Nick,

                I'd like to keep in touch. Will warn you that I am not a stay at home gal
                so if you can put up with it I"ll write when I can. I am chaparening Band
                AID tonight at our high school. Its a battle of the bands to benefit
                Compassion International. I've got to get some ear plugs or I'll never
                make through the night.

                Take care Nick.

                Linda
              • nick danger

                • borges.l@nisk.k12.ny.us
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 20, 2003
                    >Hey Nick,
                    >
                    >Are you out there? It's been a very crazy week-end and school is tough
                    >right now. Th e kids are uneasy about this whole war thing and it's
                    >showing up in their work.
                    I'll write o more tomorrow as I am on my way to teach a math class right now

                    Keep the faith!.

                    >Linda

                  • nick danger
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 20, 2003
                      Hey Linda,

                      I know of what you speak. It's been a mad week for me as well. Yesterday I
                      went to a job fair, and made a few hits. One of the good leads I got was
                      from career link, and I got a second one from of all places, the Air
                      national guard.
                      I've got to program a synthesizer before 6:30, so I'd better get crackin'.
                      I'll write more once I get this programming done.
                      Tony

                      "God grant me the serenity to accept the
                      things I cannot change,
                      the courage to change the things I can,
                      and the weaponry to make a difference."

                      coda from Immortals Anonymous
                      > >Are you out there? It's been a very crazy week-end and school is tough
                      > >right now. Th e kids are uneasy about this whole war thing and it's
                      > >showing up in their work.
                      > I'll write o more tomorrow as I am on my way to teach a math class right
                      now

                      > Keep the faith!.
                      > >
                      > >Linda
                      > >

                      > >The Screen Magnifiers Homepage
                      > >
                      > >http://www.magnifiers.org

                    • ROBERT K SHELLY
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 20, 2003
                        Excuse us, but are you aware that there is a whole list of people who can
                        see your PRIVET conversations!!!!

                        Bob Shelly

                        > >Are you out there? It's been a very crazy week-end and school is tough
                        > >right now. Th e kids are uneasy about this whole war thing and it's
                        > >showing up in their work.
                        > I'll write o more tomorrow as I am on my way to teach a math class right
                        now

                        > Keep the faith!.
                        > >
                        > >Linda
                        > >

                        > >The Screen Magnifiers Homepage
                        > >
                        > >http://www.magnifiers.org

                      • Rob Stemple
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 21, 2003
                          Thanks for finally pointing this out to these folks, Bob. I was getting
                          tired of the adventures of Nick and Linda, as well.

                          Rob

                          Robin Stemple
                          Somerset County Blind Center, Inc.
                          748 S. Center Ave.
                          Somerset, PA 15501

                          814-445-1310
                          Fax: 814-444-1385
                          rob@...

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                          > > The Screen Magnifiers Homepage
                          > >
                          > > http://www.magnifiers.org

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                        • Jennifer Jesso
                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 16, 2008
                            Is it possible to take a webcam and combine it with some (preferably free)
                            software to turn into a basic CCTV? I realize it wouldn�t have any features
                            nor be as high-quality as an actual CCTV, but at the moment I have no CCTV
                            system at home and am desperate for something to tide me over until I have
                            funding and/or can afford one myself.

                            Jen

                            Checked by AVG.
                            5:34 PM

                          • phelan
                            Message 13 of 13 , Sep 17, 2009
                              Question

                              Is the voice name Peter for Zoomtex a Sapi 5 speech engine.

                              Much Aloha,
                              Landa