Re: [magnifiers] Color Scheme

  • Sherry Wells
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 6, 2003
      Hello Leslie,

      I had this problem with the mouse pointer too. I found that I had a mouse
      scheme selected in control panel called Windows Inverted. The mouse was
      supposed to change to the opposite color of the color you moved it over. I
      found that this did not work at all. I would suggest going to Settings /
      Control Panel / Mouse / Pointers tab and making sure the scheme is set to
      none. I set my mouse in Zoomtext under Options / Display / Cursors tab.
      Check the box that says Enable Cursor Enhancements then select the size of
      cursor you want. You can then select a color at the right. I like yellow
      because it shows up great on black backgrounds and shows up pretty well
      against a white background too. Hope this helps. Good luck.

      Sherry Wells

      lesliepeterson@ju
      no.com To: zoomtext@yahoogroups.com
      cc: magnifiers@yahoogroups.com, VICUG-L@...,
      01/06/2003 02:52 dbtechies@...
      PM Subject: [magnifiers] Color Scheme
      Please respond to
      magnifiers

      I will talk about the screen magification, like Zoomtext Xtra 7.0.

      I am frustrating with the scheme (color on the screen). There are more
      and more different than in the past. Mine is Windows 98 SE.

      When I move the pointer to the link and it turns invisible unless I
      change the scheme by ALT+Shift+PrintScreen to change the different
      scheme..

      And also, when I move the pointer to the area, but I did not see any
      popup as it shows below the display.

      And also, when the pointer is on the area and there is changing on other
      column that I can not read it.

      I hate these. How could I solve? I would like all these to stay on as I
      move the pointer to read them. These always disappear when I move the
      pointer off.

      Do we have a good free share software for more scheme? Do we have the
      free-share software of mouse?

      I know these has the speech but NOT for me because I can not hear.

      Leslie--

    • lesliepeterson@juno.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 6, 2003
          Sherry,

          Thank you for reply my post.

          Sorry, I am not talking about the mouse problem. I will make more clear.
          When the button or highlight show the text. When the pointer hit on it
          then it disappear that I can not read it, even not reverse.

          I am just trying to use MSB 8.0 for 2 months. It is also the same
          problem on MS Money 2003. Both are different than than old softwares. I
          quess they are great for Windows XP but not for my Windows98se.

          I guess Win98 and WinXP must be different.

          Leslie--

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 7, 2003
            Leslie,

            Sorry for the confusion on my part. It does sound like the software is
            working differently between WIN 98 & XP, assuming the version of Zoomtext
            and all its settings are the same. Its very frustrating to switch
            computers, 'upgrade', and have things that used to work not work anymore.
            Sorry I can't be of more help but I don't know too much about how the
            different versions of WIN work. Good luck.

            Sherry Wells

            lesliepeterson@ju
            no.com To: magnifiers@yahoogroups.com
            cc:
            01/06/2003 08:27 Subject: Re: [magnifiers] Color Scheme
            PM
            Please respond to
            magnifiers

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 7, 2003
              Sherry,

              Yes, I think so. I am frustrating, too.

              I tried to surf on the internet for the scheme.zip but I stopped because
              my vision were tired quickly. I will keep to surf there and hope to find
              the good scheme or theme. My old favorite was "star in the space" scheme
              which is better than High Contrast Black. It was in Windows 3.1.

              Leslie--