Re: [magnifiers] colors

  • John Cunniff -- DeepSpace NetAdmin
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 1, 2002
      Cremonsky,

      Will this new ZX 8 fix DocReader's bug, too? Hope so, because some
      people are having a problem with this.

      Johnc

      --
      John Cunniff
      IRC Nick: Johnc

      How to get to use DeepSpace Network? Download an IRC Client called is "mIRC", go to http://www.mirc.com/ and download the latest version of mIRC. Then, install a latest version of mIRC and run it. Put a server name to "DeepSpace" on the group name field. Then, put your Nick inthe Nick field and Alternate Nick in Alt. Nick field, your name and E-Mail in Name and E-Mail field then, click on "Connect" button to connect to DeepSpace Network. After you are connected, put #Lobby channel in your channel folder then, click "Add" then, click "Join" button to enter a channel.

      E-Mail: mailto:johnc@...
      AIM: JCunn27611
      ICQ: 53861506
      FAX: 928-563-6157

      ---------------------------------------
      Updated: BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!! I got a new website up and running! Check it out at: http://aquarius.straynet.com/ and you will like it very much. Hope you come and visit with us anytime! If you have any questions or problems, please let me know. Thank you! :)

    • cremsonsky@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 1, 2002
        what bug are you talking about exactly?

      • cremsonsky@aol.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 1, 2002
          that's what I'm saying, because ZoomText just enlarges the screen, it doesn't
          change anything on your computer, it just makes the print, icons, and other
          things bigger so that you can see them more clearly. What color problem is he
          talking about?

        • lesliepeterson@juno.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 1, 2002
            John C,

            Could you tell me about the color problem? Sometime I got confused with
            the color. It is hard to remember where did I change them. I think
            Zoomtext does not have any problem with the color. I use DocReader with
            white text, black background, yellow text, dark blue background , and
            disabled reverse in the COLOR tab.

            Otherwise I might not know there is color problem.

            Leslie--

            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 1, 2002
              Well what it is the windows has accessibility tools for people that don't or
              can't afford ZoomText or JAWS to put on there computers, but the main thing
              that is to be worried about is zoomtext, not windows colors, fonts, etc.

            • lesliepeterson@juno.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 1, 2002
                Dear Cremsonsky:

                Surely, I understand you. I can tell ZT itself is great. Other programs
                (softwares) can conflict ZT. So we need to know the problem.

                For the example, Windows has colors, email has color, and ZT has color.
                They cause me confusing what did I do with the color. Windows has
                reverse color and Zt has reverse color, too. That is hard for me to
                control the panel in right order.

                It is not only for color but also for font, too.

                Some softwares are not use Windows colors, but we can use ZT's color.
                Like PDF, arcofat, photo design, etc. What a headache!

                Could we make everything in one Control Panel color, font, etc?

                Sometime, I reinstalled ZT but everything is back to default but it is
                hard for me to remember what did I do. I have to play around again or
                read HELP or User's Manual. What a tough job!

                Anyway, I still support ZT as my prior best..

                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 1, 2002
                  Cransonsky,

                  thinking......

                  Ok, when I got the information on the email or on the webpage with
                  Acrobat, or PDF. I can not read with my severe poorly vision. They are
                  "fancy" color picture. I tried to reverse color by ZT but NO help. Then I
                  press Shift+Alt+Screen for Window Scheme change. but NO help. I do not
                  know how to solve my reading on the Arcobat or PDF so I deleted it or
                  left there to another page. Rare, I print it and put it under my CCTV
                  that I can read.

                  Ofcourse, Windows has Accessability tools but it is limit. I do not like
                  it but I use ZT for many years. My first ZT there were no large print on
                  the screen in 1980s and 1990s until it comes to Windows 95 and higher. ZT
                  is more selection and more accessability tools than Windows.

                  Tell me what do you use on your computer? I am use ZT 6x on 19" monitor
                  desttop and 8x on 13.1 monitor laptop. Windows does not have.

                  Leslie--
                  On Sun, 1 Dec 2002 22:49:21 EST cremsonsky@... writes:
                  > Well what it is the windows has accessibility tools for people that
                  > don't or
                  > can't afford ZoomText or JAWS to put on there computers, but the
                  > main thing
                  > that is to be worried about is zoomtext, not windows colors, fonts,
                  > etc.

                  > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • Frank Siedlaczek
                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 2, 2002
                    > Ok, when I got the information on the email or on the
                    > webpage with Acrobat, or PDF.

                    Hi Leslie,

                    tell me more details if I got you wrong... you can't read fancy-coloured pdf
                    files and web-pages quite well?

                    I have a suggestion which I use quite often for reformatting / color removal
                    / paper saving purposes: I take web pages, pdf files, documents whatever and
                    print them to a virtual printer. This printer asks me for a filename and
                    then saves everything I have sent to it in a pdf file. Like this I can tell the
                    system to put more than one page onto a sheet/pdf page. Or I can configure
                    the printer to work in black&white mode to remove the colors.

                    I pretty much like this pdf mehtod 'cause like that I can create
                    self-contained soft-copies from webpages. I set my browser to remove text and background
                    colors, to use print sizes no smaller than x pixels and so on.

                    If you'd like to know more about this, contact me.
                    Drop me a CC: to my private email too, 'cause I don't often read this
                    mailinglist.

                    BTW: This "anything-to-pdf"-solution is carried out using freely available
                    (no-cost) software.

                    Regards
                    Frank

                    --
                    +++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more http://www.gmx.net +++
                  • cremsonsky@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 2, 2002
                      wow, maybe you should use JAWS then. But I use ZoomText 7.11 on a 21 inch
                      monitor, I use it at 4x magnification. But I know what the problem is with
                      acrobat reader. I once had that on my computer, and it looks blurry when you
                      try to read a PDF file right? Well this is what you do when you go into your
                      PDF file, go to the icon that looks like a magnifier with a plus sign, click
                      that, and the text will gradually get bigger and bigger, to lower the
                      magnification on the screen click on the icon that looks like a magnifier
                      with a minus sign. Hope this helps.

                    • John Cunniff -- DeepSpace NetAdmin
                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 2, 2002
                        Creamonsky,

                        Yes! That is what I have done myself (without ZoomText since I do not
                        have it here since I cannot afford at this time) that I can make for
                        example, bus schedule into a large print by clicking on the magnifying
                        glass and plus sign to make it to work better for me. But I have to move
                        across the screen with "hand" pointer. Grin!

                        John

                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 2, 2002
                          Well Aisquared has an offer on Zoomtext now, if you use the trial version of
                          zoomtext and pay $50 or more every thirty days when the trial runs out, then
                          they will creat a account for you, and each payment you make, that will
                          gradually reduce the cost of zoomtext.

                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 2, 2002
                            cremsonsky@... wrote:

                            > wow, maybe you should use JAWS then. But I use ZoomText 7.11 on a 21 inch
                            > monitor, I use it at 4x magnification. But I know what the problem is
                            > with
                            > acrobat reader. I once had that on my computer, and it looks blurry
                            > when you
                            > try to read a PDF file right? Well this is what you do when you go

                            PDF files look blurry in Acrobat when ZX is active, because the
                            anti-alias algorithm of Acrobat disturbs the smooth edge algorithm of
                            ZX. To sharpen your view, disable the Edge Smoothing feature of ZX when
                            you view files with Acrobat.

                            Kind regards,
                            Bas

                            --