Re: New to this group and need help with Zoomtext

  • snloohoo
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 17, 2002
      -Thanks but how do you use it. I click on docreader and/or readit
      and it doesn't do anything. I guess I need a step by step
      explanation. Thanks.

      Sue-- In magnifiers@y..., "C.L.M.Toxopeus" <C.L.M.Toxopeus@I...>
      wrote:
      > Hi Sue,
      >
      > If you want to read texts from the web you can use the SpeakIt-tool
      or
      > DocReader. Perhaps this helps.
      >
      > Greetings,
      >
      > Kees
      >
      > On Sat, 17 Aug 2002, snloohoo wrote:
      >
      > > Hi my name is Sue. I am in the process of using the trial
      version of
      > > Zoomtext xtra 7.1 and am having problems figureing out level 2. I
      > > can't get the speach to read emails or any online text. I asume
      this
      > > program works with the web? The help files are no help with the
      > > targets. I understan what a target is and how to set it but
      haven't
      > > figured out how to get things read. I know I am asking for an
      entire
      > > manual of info but can anyone help me? Thanks.
      > >
      > > Sue
      > >

      > > The Screen Magnifiers Homepage
      > >
      > > http://www.magnifiers.org

      > > To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to: magnifiers-
      unsubscribe@e...

      > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • flauta_del_angel
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 17, 2002
        Sue, at present the ZoomText DocReader is greatly limited when it
        comes to reading from the web, because of the way that it processes
        tables, which are ubiquitous on web sites. Often the
        DocReader will simply refuse to load when the application is a web
        page. There are ways to work around this:

        1. Highlight the selection you want to have read and copy it to the
        clipboard (control-c). Then have DocReader read it from the
        clipboard (alt-shift-b).

        2. If you want to see the text as it's being read, then open Notepad
        and paste the selection into it. Then load the DocReader and read
        away.

        These limitations on the DocReader will hopefully be corrected in
        ZoomText Version 8, due sometime around New Year's.

        Hope this helps.

        Carlos