RE: [magnifiers] Finding Cursor

  • Bert Ebbe
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2000
      Hello Greg at Haverp@...,

      About your problem, finding the caret (text cursor) on the screen.
      Moving the caret with the ARROW keys is indeed a possibility, but try to
      press SHIFT at the same time. So: press and hold down the SHIFT key and
      then press the RIGHT ARROW key a couple of times. Doing so, you select a
      word or a part of a word. Probably you have less trouble finding this
      selected block since it uses inverted colors. Once having found it, release
      the SHIFT key and press LEFT ARROW once. The selected block disappears and
      the caret will be in front of the block. When you press RIGHT ARROW once
      instead, the caret will be at the end of the block. When you prefer a large
      block try SHIFT+END.
      One more remark on this: Are you aware of the cursor enhancement feature of
      ZoomText? Look in: Options, Display..., tab 'Cursors'. Select Enable cursor
      enhancements and also select Caret Locator. In your magnified Word screen
      you will get a blinking square around the caret position. I hope one of
      these suggestions will help.

      Bert Ebbe
      Het Loo Erf * Apeldoorn
      The Netherlands
      Bert.Ebbe@...

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2000
        Wondering why all these emails for magnifiers is on the PXE list.
        I realize that there are people with visual problems, as I am one of them,
        however I thought the PXE list was for PXE and not software.
        ~~~~~~~~have a pleasant day, Eve