Re: [magnifiers] Does anyone know of an enlarger that will read

  • kseven
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2002
      We are all looking at very complex solutions. With a camera, the lens
      determines much of what it displayed, moreso than the camera itself. With
      OCR we leave out pictures and graphics. But stop and relax a little.
      Remember KISS.

      At low magnifications, it is possible to use a simple optical solution -
      glasses or a magnifier. Remember glasses? We've heard nothing to indicate
      this man's situation is going to worsen. There are reading glasses that will
      allow him to see much of a page at a glance at 2X, 3X, and maybe even 4X (I
      can't remember how to do the actual math any more - sigh). Beecher glasses
      allow view ing of a good sized field at a comfortable distance and at even
      4X (I just tried mine to be sure).

      If this man does not need the increased contrast of a CCTV or the variable
      color combinations, glasses may well be just what he needs. 4 diopters per X
      of magnification. Pretty simple stuff. We forget the simple stuff.