MAGic 8 for Windows NT/2000 Released

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8, 2002
      Dear list members,

      Freedom Scientific has released version 8 of MAGic for Windows NT/2000.
      MAGic 8 for Windows NT/2000 includes the same features as MAGic 8 for
      Windows 95/98/ME, that was released at the end of 2000.
      Most important improvements are:
      - more stability;
      - Adds blind speech support;
      - Compatible with Jaws.

      There is no MAGic version for Windows XP available at this moment.

      For more details follow the links on The Screen Magnifiers Homepage at:

    • John Cunniff -- DeepSpace NetAdmin
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8, 2002
        Peter,

        Hello, Peter! Thanks for the information about MAGic 8.0 for Windows
        2000/NT release, however, I use Windows ME and has downloaded the latest
        version of DEMO of MAGic 8.0 last Fall but unfortunately, after I
        installed that program, I double-clicked "M" but unfortunately, it does
        nothing. It looks like it is doing nothing. I wonder why did not it
        work.

        Let me know or any questions. Thanks.

        Johnc

        Peter Verhoeven wrote:

        > Dear list members,
        >
        > Freedom Scientific has released version 8 of MAGic for Windows
        > NT/2000.
        > MAGic 8 for Windows NT/2000 includes the same features as MAGic 8 for
        > Windows 95/98/ME, that was released at the end of 2000.
        > Most important improvements are:
        > - more stability;
        > - Adds blind speech support;
        > - Compatible with Jaws.
        >
        > There is no MAGic version for Windows XP available at this moment.
        >
        > For more details follow the links on The Screen Magnifiers Homepage
        > at:
        > http://www.magnifiers.org
        >
        > Regards Peter Verhoeven
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        John Cunniff
        IRC Nick: Johnc
        Server and Network Administrator
        Aquarius.md.us.deepspace.org
        http://www.deepspace.org/chat.html

        How to get to use DeepSpace Network? Download an IRC Client called is
        "mIRC", go to http://www.mirc.com/ and download the latest version of
        mIRC. Then, install a latest version of mIRC and run it. Put a server
        name to "DeepSpace" on the group name field. Then, put your Nick inthe
        Nick field and Alternate Nick in Alt. Nick field, your name and E-Mail
        in Name and E-Mail field then, click on "Connect" button to connect to
        DeepSpace Network. After you are connected, put #Lobby channel in your
        channel folder then, click "Add" then, click "Join" button to enter a
        channel.

        E-Mail: mailto:johnc@...
        AIM: JCunn27611
        ICQ: 53861506
        FAX: 928-563-6157

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 9, 2002
          Hi John,

          Contact support@... maybe they can help you.
          Personally I have no idea what the problem should be.

          Regards Peter Verhoeven