Warning about the new XP Windows Highlighter utility.

  • Mike Hill
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2002
      Hi all,
      We have just discovered that you can download something called the
      "Windows highlighter" from the Windows XP Update site. This is a utility
      which can add additional visual indicators to the screen to show the
      position of the beam cursor and the focus rectangle, so it may be of use
      to partially sighted users. It is only available for Windows XP.

      I want to warn users of our Speech products, Hal, LunarPlus and
      Supernova, that running this utility will cause all sorts of problems
      with your speech output. The way that the highlight is drawn on the
      screen obliterates some of the information in our off screen model. I
      recommend that you do not install this utility if you use Hal, LunarPlus
      or Supernova.
      Users of Lunar are unlikely to encounter any problems, however we have
      not done any extensive compatibility testing yet as we only found out
      about this new utility today.

      Regards,
      Mike.

      IMPORTANT INFORMATION
      The content of this e-mail may be confidential in nature and is a copyright
      work belonging to Dolphin Oceanic Ltd. This e-mail and any files
      transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or
      entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
      please delete it from your system, do not use or disclose the information in
      any way and notify postmaster@... immediately.