[magnifiers] Bug: ZoomText7 + WinNT4

  • Bas Cancrinus by way of Peter Verhoeven
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 8, 2000
      If ZoomText 7 is installed on my Windows NT 4 system, than Netscape 4
      doesn't display transparent GIF89a images anymore. Instead of displaying
      these images, empty spaces are displayed.

      If your configuration is equal to mine, please open the site in my
      signature from Netscape 4 and see if the images within the down-left
      frame are displayed correctly. Reports would be very appreciated.

      Thanks.

      Latest releases showing this bug:
      ZoomText 7.03.02
      Netscape 4.72
      Windows NT 4.0 with SP-6a

      --
      Bas E. Cancrinus <bas@...>
      Cancrinus Groep B.V. <http://www.cancrinusgroep.nl>
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 8, 2000
        "Bas Cancrinus (by way of Peter Verhoeven )" wrote:

        > If ZoomText 7 is installed on my Windows NT 4 system, than Netscape 4
        > doesn't display transparent GIF89a images anymore. Instead of displaying
        > these images, empty spaces are displayed.

        Hello all. I do believe the people at AiSquared are aware of this. If my memory
        serves me correctly, there was discussion of this topic back in the day s when
        this list was on its old site. Apparently, this was a Netscape problem and not
        specificall a Zoomtext problem. I encounter the same thing on certain sites.

        Earlier today, I was playing with a pre-beta release of Netscpae Communicator
        6. From what I could determine, the problem of missing transparent gifs is not
        found in the new version. I do believe the beta of Communicator 6 is coming out
        soon.
      • Haverp@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 8, 2000
          I recently upgraded to the latest version of Zoomtext level 2 - 7.03.02 I
          think.

          Now my typing echo often pronounces words very strangely, especially when
          filling in a web page form. Has anyone else noticed this or has it always
          been there.

          It seems to act as if characters are repeated when they are not. It will
          say 178 as 117788 for example.

          Thanks

          Greg Austin
        • Scott Moore
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 10, 2000
            Greg:

            We are aware of the problem in ZoomText Xtra 7.03.02 where numbers typed on
            the numeric keypad are repeated. This has been fixed in the upcoming 7.04
            update (scheduled for release within the next few weeks).

            Kind Regards,

            Scott Moore
            Ai Squared

            I recently upgraded to the latest version of Zoomtext level
            2 - 7.03.02 I
            think.

            Now my typing echo often pronounces words very strangely,
            especially when
            filling in a web page form. Has anyone else noticed this or
            has it always
            been there.

            It seems to act as if characters are repeated when they are
            not. It will
            say 178 as 117788 for example.

            Thanks

            Greg Austin

            Planning a party? iParty.com is your complete source for
            party planning and
            supplies, with everything you need to throw the perfect
            party!
            http://click.egroups.com/1/1635/3/_/292589/_/952589252/

            -- Easily schedule meetings and events using the group
            calendar!
            -- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=magnifiers&m=1
          • Haverp@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 10, 2000
              smoore@... writes:

              << Greg:

              We are aware of the problem in ZoomText Xtra 7.03.02 where numbers typed on
              the numeric keypad are repeated. This has been fixed in the upcoming 7.04
              update (scheduled for release within the next few weeks).

              Kind Regards,

              Scott Moore
              Ai Squared >>

              Thank you for that good news Scott. In addition to the number pad I have had
              typing echo problems with letters as well when filling out the search block
              on the excite or yahoo search engine and with other web pages where I type in
              information such as electronic greeting cards. It seems to happen only when
              typing info onto a web page. I use windows 98 and AOL 5.0.

              This is a nuisance but not a critical problem.

              Thanks for your speedy response, and a great product,

              Greg Austin