Re: [magnifiers] XP

  • bladud973@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 13, 2001
      Hi Peter
      Thanks for your very clear and timely advice regarding Win.XP I have aproblem
      with my windows ME, I keep getting a message "Ndetect has caused and error
      with KERNEL 32DLL" I am told the only way to get rid of this is to re-install
      ME by first Formating my drive
      This I do not want to do, I have an ADVENT system and the relevant CD's with
      it.
      What is KERNEL 32DLL? is it important,? and can I live with it.
      Regards
      Mal

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 13, 2001

        Yes kernel32.dll is an important dll. I do not know exactly what it does.
        When do you get this error message?
        If it has nothing to do with an accessibility program you are running you
        can best ask this question in news
        group.
        ndetect is mostly used by virus scanners or firewall programs to see if
        there is an update.
        Do you get this error message after starting your computer?
        If so open your start menu -> select Run -> type msconfig -> select the
        startup tab at the right -> look if ndetect is in the list. If so unselect
        the program to start.
        The msconfig works in Windows 98. I'm not sure it also works in Windows ME,
        but I think it will work.

        Regards Peter Verhoeven

      • bladud973@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 13, 2001
          Hi Petet
          Thanks for your prompt reply, I hav nowtries the msconfig without finding the
          rogur staar up file for "Ndetect Oleaut 32DLL"which sometimes comes up on
          start up.
          KERNAL 32DLL is going to be a ongoing mystery
          Regards
          Mal Wallace

        • bladud973@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 13, 2001