Re: [magnifiers] XP

  • barbara kean
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 12, 2001
      Yes it does help me.I always think that I need the latest stuff.I see now
      that it impeds me in learning how to use what I have.I'm happy with my
      computer.My husband also is to blame way I think that I need XP. Bless his
      heart he just wants to make sure that I have all I need for
      computering......

      Barbie:)

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 13, 2001
        Hi Peter
        Thanks for your very clear and timely advice regarding Win.XP I have aproblem
        with my windows ME, I keep getting a message "Ndetect has caused and error
        with KERNEL 32DLL" I am told the only way to get rid of this is to re-install
        ME by first Formating my drive
        This I do not want to do, I have an ADVENT system and the relevant CD's with
        it.
        What is KERNEL 32DLL? is it important,? and can I live with it.
        Regards
        Mal

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 13, 2001

          Yes kernel32.dll is an important dll. I do not know exactly what it does.
          When do you get this error message?
          If it has nothing to do with an accessibility program you are running you
          can best ask this question in news
          group.
          ndetect is mostly used by virus scanners or firewall programs to see if
          there is an update.
          Do you get this error message after starting your computer?
          If so open your start menu -> select Run -> type msconfig -> select the
          startup tab at the right -> look if ndetect is in the list. If so unselect
          the program to start.
          The msconfig works in Windows 98. I'm not sure it also works in Windows ME,
          but I think it will work.

          Regards Peter Verhoeven

        • bladud973@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 13, 2001
            Hi Petet
            Thanks for your prompt reply, I hav nowtries the msconfig without finding the
            rogur staar up file for "Ndetect Oleaut 32DLL"which sometimes comes up on
            start up.
            KERNAL 32DLL is going to be a ongoing mystery
            Regards
            Mal Wallace

          • bladud973@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 13, 2001